Ch.27

I wake up bright and early after Steven, Connie, the gems and I celebrated my new health well-being. The sunrise warms my skin as I sit on the porch drinking my coffee. "Ahh... This is the life." I lean my head back in the chair and close my eyes as I bask in the Sun.
           "You look comfy." I open my eyes to see Pearl standing with a cup of tea above me. Smiling, I seat back up right and offer her the seat next to me. "I am. How are you this morning Pearl?" She sits on her knees in the chair as I prop my feet up on the railing, "I'm good thank you for asking." We sip our drinks in silence, until she starts up a conversation.
        "So, Steven tells me that you are in a band and are entering a competition with 'the cool kids'. Is that true?" I sip my coffee again, "It is. Why do you ask?" "Oh no particular reason." I can tell that she's worried about something. "Pearl, you can't trick me, I know something is bugging you, so what is it? You can tell me." She sits her tea down and let's out a worried sigh, "Its just that-." She takes a in a breath, "When Rose met Greg, Greg was an upcoming musician at the time. She actually fell in love with him after one of his concerts. She was the only one that actually came to his concerts in fact. Anyways, after that first concert her and Greg kept on seeing each other and eventually got together and had Steven. That's when we lost her and when everyone's lives changed."
         I know where this is going. I sit my coffee down next to hers and I clasp my hands around hers. Her eyes widens, "Pearl, I know what you're thinking and that is not going to happen. I'm not going to steal Garnet away and I won't let anything happen to her. My mother suffered the same fate as Rose did and I know that my father blames me for her death, and he has every right to. He loved her, and even though I didn't know her, she is within me and I love being me, so I love her."
        I squeeze her hand, "Pearl, can you keep a secret?" She nods and I let out a sigh and I stand up. I turn away and pull up the back of my shirt. "Do you see all these scars?" "Yes." She answers uneasily. I let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding, "My father used to beat me;" she gasps, "He used to beat me every time that I misbehaved or disappointed him and I know that most of these came from disappointment. I'm his biggest disappointment I know it. I was a mistake and even though he never said it, I knew I was. I cost him the love of his life and he can never forgive me. I know the pain that I put him through and I never will put anyone else through that pain of losing someone they love."
          I put my shirt back down and I turn around. Steven, Amethyst and Garnet is standing behind Pearl and they all have tears in their eyes. "Oh! Guys! I didn't hear you all come out." I wipe a tear on my cheek that escaped. Garnet rushes up to me and sobs into my chest. I wrap my arms around her and just hold her. "Love, why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell us?" She sniffles out.
          "I didn't want you to find out because I knew that it would hurt you. The only reason why I told Pearl was to let her know that even though we're together, I would never hurt you or them. I love all of you and I would never hurt you guys, because I know how it feels to lose somebody and I know how it hurts."
          I kiss the top of her head and I feel six extra arms around us. "We love you too y/n. And if anybody or anything hurts you, we will hurt them." I can't help but chuckle at Steven's optimism, he's way more positive about things than I am. "Yeah dude! We'll crush them!" Amethyst chimes in. "Because we are The Crystal Gems, we'll always save the day, and if you think we can't, we'll always find a way." Pearl hums, then Steven continues, "That's why the people of this world believe in," Garnet chimes in, "Garnet." Then Amethyst, "Amethyst." Then Pearl, "And Pearl." Then Steven, "And Steven." Then I chime in, why not? "And don't forget about y/n."
        We all share a laugh and a few tears before we break apart. "So y/n, when were you going to tell me about the band?" Garnet asks me with a raised brow. Crap! How does she know!? "How do you know about that?" I see Steven backing up slowly, "Steven!" I yell through gritted teeth. He takes off in a run, "I'm sorry! It must've slipped out!" I chase that boy down. I'm a few steps behind him and he's begging for Garnet to come save him, but I can just hear her and the others just laugh in amusement.
       "Steven! You can't out run a vampire!" I yell as I come on inch of him then eventually scoop him up from the sand. He squirms to try to break free, but he can't and accepts defeat. "Please, don't bite me y/n! I'm to young to die!" I extend my fangs and he squeals, "Who said anything about biting you? I'm going to do something much worse." I give him a devilish smirk, "What's worse than getting bit?!" I pause momentarily to build the suspense, until he cracks. "Tell me!" "I'm going to... TICKLE YOU!" "NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"
        I end up tickling him until he begins to have a coughing fit, then I show mercy and I walk him back to the temple. When we enter back into the temple, I check my phone and see that Sourcream has text me.

Sourcream: Hey, we heard you was out of the hospital. Is it true?

Y/n: Yeah, the man couldn't hold me.

Sourcream: That's awesome dude. But listen The Battle of The Bands is tomorrow and we need to practice all day today. You in?

Y/n: Yeah, I'll be over in a bit. Where are we meeting?

Sourcream: Cool, and at my place. Bring Steven, he's cool.

Y/n: Okay. Be right there.

Sourcream: Alright.

          I turn to face Steven, "Hurry up and eat Steven, we have practice all day today because the big night is tomorrow." "Okay!" He stuffs his cereal down his throat and I walk over to the fridge and take out a raw steak. "Ready!" "Okay." I walk over and kiss Garnet goodbye. "I love you." "I love you too, be safe." "I will." I kiss her and leave the temple with Steven eating my steak.