SLEEP TALKING

They sat there on the couch looking rough, emotionally fatigued. All they could do was sit in silence. No noise.. just silence.

So much had happened and nothing good came out of it. After all of it, from 7 a.m. to 2 a.m., it was hard to believe they haven't fallen asleep yet. The truth was, they couldn't. They were so tired that it made them restless.

After their fruitless attempts to fall sleep they decided to just forget it and go to the couch or something. They didn't talk, but they just stared blankly at the wall, that darkness of the unlit room engulfing. The one thing that struck both of them, however, was the fact that they were still sitting in the presences of each other. They found comfort in that, a bright appreciation burned for each other.

They didn't need to talk... They just needed the emotions to settle, but it wasn't possible. They wanted that but it was absolutely impossible because they were still next to each other. Yet it prodded them, it was truly a comforting thought.

Mark felt his emotions swirl up in his chest about Tyler. About how he stayed with him the whole time and that they were determined to get it right. Together, even in the midst of pure heart break, they pushed through. That was something he was so greatful for.

The taller man was cut off from his daze to feel his friend lean against him. The slight contact was soothing, it was peaceful and kind. Tyler only smiled, lifting his arm and wrapping it around Mark, pulling him closer.

Mark pulled his legs into his chest to make his self smaller, closing his eyes and smiling brightly. His joy was undying at the moment. He was sure there was nothing that could make him this happy right now, but there was.

Tyler finally felt at ease. He was happy. No he wasn't happy, he was joyful. That moment he realized there was no one else out there that was like Mark and there was no one else out there that could make him feel this way.

Tyler closed his eyes as well, feeling himself at rest. The two were finally at peace.

The next morning they woke up in the bed, cuddled next to each other. The confusion only lead to a quaint conclusion.

They must have been sleep talking.

SLEEP TALKING