30

[ Taeyong | Sicheng | Ten | Johnny | Lucas | Jungwoo | Mark ]

[ In the gym ]

Jungwoo stands in the middle of the basketball court as he watches Mark shoot some hoops. He touches the corner of his mouth, blushing at how soft Lucas's lips were. And to top it all off, he wants to kiss him again!

Not paying attention to his surroundings, his best friend walks towards Jungwoo and waves his hands. "Hello, is anyone home?" Mark grins, nudging him on the elbow. It was so obvious something happened, considering the redness on his puffy cheeks. "I say this because I care, you look like you're in love."

Jungwoo widens his eyes as he shakes the feeling off. "W—what? Who said that?" He continues, snatching the basketball from Mark's hands. "I'm not in love with L—lucas."

"You're under arrest for lying!" Mark snaps, flopping his arms up to the sky, narrowing his eyes towards Jungwoo. "I didn't even say who. Looks like you answered your own question."

Sometimes Jungwoo wishes his feelings weren't so obvious, but then again how could he even lie to his best friend? The thought of telling him he was banned from prom was still out of the question. It's not like he can just—

"Hey, I know that face." Mark frowns, placing his hands on Jungwoo's shoulder. "Look, I know something is bothering you and it must be hard."

Mark looks at Jungwoo who was clearly averting his eyes. Whatever it was, there's always going to be a brighter side. "You're not alone. You are my best friend, right?"

That is true. Even if things get tough, it'll only motivate Jungwoo to try harder. Quitters never win, so he has to give it his all! Yeah, he's definitely going to go to prom now. "So did you hear? I heard it's a masquerade theme."

Mark reveals his teeth and shoots his finger guns towards Jungwoo's chest. "You bet I did! I already got a mask and a cape!" He continues, explaining how he's going to be Zorro and protect princess Donghyuck from the likes of the evil queen bees. "He's going to be so impressed."

Rolling his eyes, Jungwoo releases a soft grin. Just by looking at Mark's face, he can tell how excited he was. The way his nose scrunches when he laughs and the sudden eyebrow wiggle was very cute. "I think I'm going to gag. You're becoming way too adorable, Mark."

"But, I'm always like this." Mark defends, pushing back his hair as he flutters his eyelashes. "I've been the definition of adorable since the beginning of the school year."

Jungwoo pouts, throwing the basketball towards Mark. It's a good thing Mark had fast reflexes since he dodged it. "You missed. This isn't dodgeball, stupid!"

Seeing his best friend stick out his tongue, Jungwoo blows his bangs and crosses his arms. He was only passing the ball! Who's the stupid one now? "H—hey! Get back here. I'm not done with you."

-
A/N:
👀
Hrm? So they're all going to wear masks during prom. 😈😈😈
I believe there's two more chapters after this before prom!