Chapter Two-the longest day

Uma's POV

The next day Uma woke up surrounded by a sea of pale pinks and purples. standard with every girl's dorm at Auradon Prep. In Uma's honest opinion it was far too girly, but it was what she expected in a school inhabited by some of the prissiest princesses around. Instead of outwardly complaining about it Uma just made it a mental note to ask her parents to send her some new decor so she could make her part a little more...her. Grabbing her phone from her bedside table Uma saw that it was 6:30, meaning she only had 30 minutes to get ready if she wanted breakfast before her first class of the day. Hurriedly she ran to her closet and pulled out her outfit for the day, hopping into the shower when she saw that Harriet had already dressed and left before she had gotten the chance. Out of the shower, Uma just threw her hair into a ponytail before getting dressed and all but running down to eat breakfast before classes began for the day.

After getting into the massive dining hall Uma piled her plate with various foods and scanned the room for Harriet. It didn't take long to find her because her clothing choice always stood out among their royal peers, you wouldn't catch a princess wearing red and black anything. As she got closer Uma noticed that she was talking to someone she recognized as a year older than she was. Setting her plate down beside her best friends Uma said "hey roomie." Startling Harriet for a moment but then the older girl smiled "Hey girl." She replied before introducing Uma to her friend "Uma, this is chastity" She said motioning to the blonde girl stand there "Chas, this is my best friend Uma."Uma smiles and said hello and chastity did the same before telling them goodbye and going to sit with her normal group of friends.

Talking amongst themselves Uma and Harriet ate their breakfast before heading off to their first classes. Uma has chemistry first and easily found the room since it was closest to the dining area. When she walked in her eyes scanned the room for a familiar face or somewhere to sit. She had just seen her long time friend Desiree when another voice called out "Uma, over here." And her attention turned to the person it belonged to. There in a chair furthest to her right sat Harry who was waving her over. Quickly she made her way to him and sat in the empty chair at his side. The two of them were talking when their professor, a short portly man, came in and got the lesson started straight away.

It was clear to Uma that in high school they didn't play around as she struggled to keep up in her note taking. She managed to get through it though, in fact she made it through the rest of the day. By the end of it Uma was so worn out that when she made it to her dorm she laid down in her bed and slept way passed dinner. At that point she was too tired to even care.

Authors note: sorry this one took so long and then it's so short, this last year has been so crazy but I didn't want to abandon this story either. I promise you the next chapter will come sooner and will be much longer.