Ch 6: The Breaking point

I've been waking up earlier than anyone else in the transfer initiates the whole week, It isn't hard now that our numbers have only dropped to four. Joey and one of the candor boys, Bryan I think his name was, decided to leave after the first three days. I guess they couldn't take the pain, They're factionless now. My body's aching and there's no real relief. I mean the cold showers kind of help the swelling of the multiple welts I'm sporting, but the bruised feeling won't go away. I'm starting to get worried,  I'm at the bottom of the transfers. I've noticed Cody, catering to Eric and Four like some kiss-up lap dog. He's already at the top, it should be too hard for him to pass up the dauntless-born. He's good to say the least, He was my first match. All I can really remember from that match, was looking up at Four and Eric as they averted their gaze, Then I blacked out. In that moment I almost felt betrayed, I had known being the only girl in the transfers, that I would have to face a guy. I just didn't think Four would put me up against Cody, though he didn't look like the strongest boy in the group he definitely didn't look like the weakest. Ever since the fight, I've been somewhat avoiding both Eric and Four, only seeing them both when I have to, I've been just trying to get my head straight and start focusing on getting through this training.  
       I got up out of my bed, stretching my sore shoulders and neck. I winced a bit as I moved, I soon made my way to my dresser grabbing a pair of red joggers and a cut off black tee-shirt, before heading to the showers. As if on cue, Cody followed by the other boys came walking into the bathroom just as I had finished dressing. I stepped up to the sink to pull my hair up into a messy bun, I huffed as I noticed the boys' eyeing me from behind as I looked in the mirror. Once I was satisfied with my hair, I turned on my heels and shoved past them. I sat down by the door and put on my shoes, I decided to buy myself a pair of converse shoes from a shop.They're kind of like my old ones, just black. A few days ago we were given these bands that pay for things around the compound, for now our funds are unlimited, but Four warned us not to go crazy because after training we will have to pay back what we spent. I made my way out into the corridor, It was still rather early, even though I knew I shouldn't I decided to roam the corridors and explore a bit. If I'm being honest Four didn't seem to care what we did, it was more Eric catching me that I was worried about.
        It was pretty quiet in the compound. I think its mostly because its starting to get rather cold in the mornings, If my bed was comfortable and I had a choice I'd probably stay in the whole morning too. I was rounding around the corridor that led up into the apartments when I heard a few whispers coming from around the corner. My first instinct was to tuck myself within a doorway, listening in closer I recognized Eric's voice and a voice of a woman. His voice had a sweet low toned hum within it and he was lightly chuckling. I crept around the corner slightly so I could actually see them. He was leaned against the wall with a stunning blonde girl's arms draped around him, she was smiling like this best thing in the world. In a way it was, he was the best thing in my world. I felt my heart shatter all over again, I felt tears that I had been holding since I got here start rushing down my face. I kept silent and watched a little longer. I have no idea why I did, he kissed her, I felt heat rise all the way up my back and to my face. I wanted to rip her apart, but it wasn't her fault it was his. He hurt me, not her. She probably doesn't even know who I am. As the mix of anger and jealousy coursed through my body I could no longer control my actions. I was breaking inside and I didn't know where to run, I couldn't think.
       I let go, the whole scene felt so slow, but I know it was only a few seconds. I shot out from behind the hall plant, in an instant I felt my hand reach up and snap my necklace and all I heard was the sound of it drop to the floor before the loud ringing in my ears started. I let my feet carry me as I ran up through the apartments. I knew exactly where I wanted to be right now and knew I needed someone to talk to, I couldn't handle the stress anymore. I ran straight to Four's door, and began pounding on it. He quickly answered the door looking a bit shook up but soon relaxed once he saw it was me. I ran into his arms and began sobbing, I think this was the hardest I've ever cried. "Octavia? What happened?" He asked bringing us both inside and shutting the door. Everytime I tried to say anything I began becoming more hysterical so I just tucked my face farther into his chest and shook my head no.
     I felt him sigh before he picked me up, I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms wrapped around his shoulders. He made me look directly into his face for a few moments. "Just breathe." He whispered quietly I took in a few deep breaths trying to calm myself but It wasn't really working. He walked us both over to the couch and sat down, I shuffled over onto the couch and leaned on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me. My breathing was starting to become more quiet as we sat there. I soon felt my eye lids getting heavy and blinking shut, at first I fought my drowsiness but then the exhaustion overcame me.