Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang Vol03 Ch65

Dong Lin, inside a hidden valley.

Chu Beijie and Pingting's alliance brought up the fallen morale. After the military conference ended, each of the generals seemed to have a new goal as they stepped out of the tent. It seemed like their footsteps had become much lighter.

But at the same time, everyone understood they were taking a huge risk too. The Duke of Zhen-Bei and Pingting's strategies were both bold and dangerous. There wasn't any room for the slightest error.

After the discussion ended, Chu Beijie pulled Pingting from the crowd heading outside the tent. "How could Advisor Bai not stay by after exhibiting such talent to me, the Main Advisor, just now?"

Pingting turned and smiled, "Duke, don't forget our bet. Pingting won, so Duke isn't allowed to touch Pingting's hand for ten days."

Chu Beijie's eyes suddenly flashed, not hesitating to draw the Divine Spirit sword from his waist. He handed it to Pingting, "Pingting might as well cut me ten times, replacing the promised ten days."

Pingting was taken aback by the sword's reflection. She hurriedly put the sword back in its scabbard, frowning, "Duke's desperate measure isn't going to work. You were the one who provoked Pingting first, having a map of Qierou already hidden. Your intent to test me is quite obvious. What if Pingting hadn't been able to answer, utterly shaming herself?"

Chu Beijie lowered his voice, "It's not a desperate measure. Not being able to touch your hand for ten days, especially when you're right in front of me, is more painful than ten sword cuts. Longing is bitter, a pain than comes from the inside. I would rather take the easy route, fairly and justly." His handsome face was earnest.

Pingting's heart trembled at his words. She lowered her head. It was ages before she said in a barely audible volume, "Even if the promise of ten days is dissolved, Duke shouldn't touch Pingting's hand every day at every possible moment." She thought for a moment, unable to hide her angry flush. She scowled, "Duke is far too aggressive, forcing Pingting to make that bet. No, Pingting must pay back this hatred." Her energetic eyes lifted slightly, looking both sweetly and angrily as she glared at him.

Chu Beijie saw this as a gentle charming expression. His mouth lifted into a smile as he whispered, "Tell me where you're going."

At this question, Pingting's face dimmed slightly. She softly said, "I should go see genius Doctor Huo. Zuiju..." She softly sighed, her eyes already red.

Chu Beijie's heart suddenly burst in pain.

After the two's reunion, Pingting seemed to have a bitter recollection of the past, mentioning it occasionally. Every time she did, she only mentioned a few words at a time, unwilling to describe in detail.

Yet he deeply understood the damage of the ups and downs had not yet healed. Zuiju's death added another blow to Pingting.

That year, what on earth happened on the icy snowcapped Songsen Mountains that caused this kind of tragedy?

Was their child also buried under that mass of white snow?

But he didn't dare ask Pingting whether their poor child actually died or not. To Pingting, that must be unbearable pain.

"I'll come with you." Chu Beijie tightly held onto Pingting's hand.

Pingting slowly shook her head, "Forgive me, Duke. Pingting would like to talk alone to Zuiju's Teacher."

"Pingting..."

"If from now on...Pingting really needs something," Pingting raised her head, her eyelashes rising unsteadily as she looked at Chu Beijie, "Duke will definitely be by Pingting's side, right?"