Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang Vol03 Ch73

The suddened rumbling in the air travelled into Fanlu's ears.

"Strange," Fanlu looked up, staring at the small black spot in the sky, "This kind of circling is typically a result of breeding falcons. Why would it suddenly fly over us?"

Pingting followed his gaze and looked up. She clearly saw the rather restless falcon high up in the sky and frowned, "When the Duke came to Qierou, he arranged a small squad to stay behind at the border between Yun Chang and Bei Mo to keep an eye out on enemy movement. Their captain owned an old falcon. Could that be his? Why did he fly here?" Hearing the falcon's unceasing caws, it seemed that there was something urgent. She hurried into the room and grabbed the falcon bell Chu Beijie left behind. She shook it, and the sound of bells were heard continuously under the eagle.

This bell was one the falcon's owner gave to Chu Beijie specifically to pass on messages. When the falcon heard the bell sound, it would know it had found the right place. With another long caw, it plummeted down.

Fanlu's eyes were quick. He snatched the bell from Pingting's hand and threw it onto the stone table. That falcon was already in sight and considerately sheathed its wings. It firmly stopped on the stone table, grasping tightly onto the bell.

There was a small piece of cloth wrapped near the bell. Fanlu reached out to take it.

Zuiju was standing at a distance, urging, "Be careful you don't get pecked at!"

Her words had yet to fall when the cloth was already in Fanlu's hands. Fanlu smiled, "This falcon is more considerate than you. It won't randomly peck at other people. Let me see the news it brings." He opened the cloth, his expression suddenly changing.

Fanlu had interacted with him for a long time, but this was the first time she'd seen such an ugly expression on his face. She hurriedly asked, "What's wrong?"

"He Xia has already led two regiments to attack Qierou."

"Ah!" Zuiju cried in panic, hurriedly muffling her mouth with her hand. She looked at Pingting.

At Fanlu's words, Pingting's face was drained of colour. She too, abruptly stood up, her body shaking to and fro for a bit. She asked, "Which two regiments? When will they arrive in Qierou?"

Fanlu bitterly smiled, "How do I know? The cloth only says that much. But looking at this sloppy writing, the situation must be very urgent."

Zuiju urged, "He Xia's arrival will be terrible. Has Miss got any good plans? Oh gosh, why did the Duke choose today to leave?"

Pingting shook her head, "It's good that he left today." Her voice trailed off in the end.

Fanlu gravely said, "You must immediately leave. I will withstand here and try to detain He Xia as long as possible."

His expression showed the colour of rare generosity.

Zuiju was in extreme panic and almost cried out.

Pingting thought for a few moments, abruptly raising her head. She made her choice right there, "Complete withdrawal immediately. If he is rushing towards Qierou, then he must know everything already. His sword will come down on you without waiting for a single word."

Huo Yunan and the others hurriedly arrived. Hearing Pingting's words, Huo Yunan asked, "It can't be that dire, could it? The falcon is much faster than the army, so there should still be time. We can wait until the Duke returns, so the planning can be more assured."

Pingting resolutely shook her head. "No, we must immediately pull out of Qierou. Fanlu, you think of a way to reach out to all of our people in the city. No need to assemble, we must immediately leave the city and flee in the direction of the Shuitai Regiment."