1.

"Nerris the Cute! It's time to get up!" The Elder One said from downstairs.

"Ugh, okay Dad." Nerris yelled in reply. She didn't like going to school. Bullies always found some new way to embarrass her.

"I wish I was back at camp." The young Elfkin mumbled. Nerris put on her yellow camp shirt, paired with black jeans and boots. She slung her blue backpack over her shoulder, and walked downstairs.

"Good morning, Nerris. Did you sleep well?" Her mom asked kindly. "Morning, Mom. I slept good, I guess." Nerris replied.

"Is the mighty Nerris the Cute ready for school?" Her dad asked. Nerris nodded, not actually meaning it. "Okay, the bus will be here in a minute. You should head out." Her mom said, handing Nerris some lunch money.

"See you later, love you." Nerris said to her parents, as she walked out of her house. The bus was waiting outside. She stepped on, and everyone started laughing.

"Oh look! It's Nerris the Nerd!!"
"Oh no! Is she going to cast a spell on us?!"

Those comments came daily to Nerris. She walked to the very back of the bus, where she normally sat. But, someone was there.

"Harrison?!" Nerris yelled.

She hadn't seen Harrison since camp. She didn't even know he lived in the same town.

"Oh, hey Nerris. Long time no see." Harrison replied with a wave. Nerris sat down next to the magic kid. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I just moved. My parents found someone who could help with my magic." He explained. The Elfkin nodded as the bus left her house.

"Hey Nerris!! Did you finally find a friend?! Or did you cast a love spell on him?!" Peter the bully yelled at Nerris.

Nerris' face turned bright red, as she looked down at her boots. "Hey! Who are you to talk?" Harrison yelled back at Peter.

"Oh? And who even are you?" The bully replied. "Harrison!! And who exactly are you?" The magic kid snaps back.

Peter walks to the back of the bus, and picks Harrison up by his collar. "Listen here, new kid. You'll learn very quick that no one, and I say no one! Talks back to Peter!" Peter says.

"Hey! Put him down!" Nerris yelled at the bully. "Oh? Is Nerris the Nerd finally fighting back? Hah! Come back when you'll actually do something!" Peter yelled at her, he dropped Harrison and pushed Nerris so hard she fell.

"Nerris!" Harrison helped her up. "Are you okay?" Nerris nodded. "I'm fine. You didn't have to stick up for me like that. I could've handled it on my own." She replied.

"Have they always done that to you? Said those mean things?" Harrison asked. The Elfkin nodded. "Yeah. Don't worry about it, Harrison. I'm fine."

The bus arrived at school. Harrison and Nerris were the last ones to get off. "What's your schedule?" Nerris asks. Harrison described his schedule, it matched Nerris' perfectly. "Well, that's convenient." He said.

"Hey dweeb!! You got yourself a boyfriend?!"

Harrison began to grow protective of Nerris. "Hey, leave her alone." He said. "But she's so weird. She's not normal." One of the popular girls said.

Harrison used his magic to scare off the girls. "Harrison, I told you I can fight my own battles." Nerris said with a blush.

"I know, but I hate to see everyone being so mean to you." Harrison replied. Nerris nodded a silent "thank you" to him.

The bell rang, and the two magic kids were ready to start the day.