Chapter 1- Special Facility

Bright lights blinded me the moment I opened my eyes. Damn, it's arduous to adjust your sight when you came back to consciousness from a lengthy amount of slumber. My head and body ached as if I was laboured with no breaks.

My body tensed soon as the spectacle before me became clear. My heart suddenly started beating rapidly as if I was being chased by a dozen of werewolves I usually watched on TV. My hands trembled. The whole shit in and out of me shuddered to a halt.

I tried remembering the last thing I did, the last place I went to, and the last person I interacted with. All I remembered was I was dancing and shouting along the loud beat music. I was at a party? Yes I was. I'm still wearing the clothes I wore that time which supported my thought.

It took me long enough to calm myself because in the first place, I have no idea of where I am. Is this some sort of a prison? Technically, this is a prison because I am jailed in it! But this prison is somehow aesthetical, I mean look at how the minimalist theme suited this place. It's cozy as well, plus the aroma of lavender tingling my nose.

I stood from the floor I was slumbering before. This place was even more spacious than my room. The walls were all white. No doors that'd lead us outside and no windows. There was a table and chairs. I gazed more around the place and there was a nook at the corner with bookshelves above, still in white. There was a doorway leading to another room at my right. Soon as I entered, I saw two solo beds with white pillows and sheets. Maybe I'll share the room with someone.

I examined the bed room, searching for something I don't know until I just came closer to one of the beds and let my fatigued body fell into its place. The ones who brought me here should have just carried me in this bed rather than on the floor, that was so bad of them.

I was whittled from my own thinking when a door I didn't notice before inside the bed room suddenly opened, which caused me to stood up out of shock.

The door spewed out a guy that seemed to be examining me from the looks he was giving. His stare made me a little bit uncomfortable. He lay there against the door frame almost naked, of course with the aid of a towel wrapped around his waist, his hands behind his head drying his black medium cut hair, slicked back. Obviously, he had just finished taking a shower.

His skin smooth and tanned from just the perfect amount of sunlight. No stubbles can be seen from his handsome face. He had a perfect muscle frame, not too buff and not too skinny.

My eyes travelled further down, self-assured that he was taller. He must be at 6 flat, I'm at 5'7. He must have the same age as mine, eighteen or probably a year older.

Once I get over his physique, I glanced once more at his face and at that very moment, our eyes met. His eyes; the most alluring blue eyes I'd ever seen. They resembled the deep blue oceans I would like to dive into. They were tantalizing to the point that I don't want to break the contact between ours. He looked at me with much of a muchness of intensity I gave him.

How can he be this gorgeous?

I bit my lips as I realized I was already gazing at him for a prolonged moment and shifted my head to avoid his looks. I wouldn't be surprised If he assumed I was gay, but I wasn't. Just that, his features were too bold and I couldn't get over them.

"Good to see you awake. What's your name?" he asked me. His deep voice resonating the room.

"James." I answered, still hesitating to look back.

"I'm Eros." he said as I took the effort to look back at him.

"Nice meeting you James." he continued with a small smile as he walked towards his bed. I followed him absentmindedly, just curious of how things worked inside this place.

When he got to his bed, he pushed a button somewhere behind his headboard and a part of the wall swung open. It must be his closet. To be honest, I'm starting to get the vibe of a modern house in this place.

I continued observing his actions until he spoke.

"I guess you are fully aware that I am going to dress myself."

"Uhm, I'm s-sorry..." was all I said as I sprinted towards the doorway. I heard him chuckled inside which made me blush. This is embarrassing.

He started laughing again when he saw me standing near the table with a face not too far from a tomato.

I gave up. This guy had no idea how embarrassing this was to me. It's killing me, big time!

I was about walk past him to go back to bed but my stomach growled creating weird sounds that echoed in the place. Once again, his laughters filled the spaces of silence in the room. I really can't catch a break here.

He soon stopped laughing when he saw me giving him deathly glares.

"Fine, I'm sorry. I'll get you some food." he said, his hands raised up in the air while he proceeded to an empty wall.

He pushed a button which I wasn't able to see and voila! A refrigerator-like machine door came out.

He brought out a container from it and guided me towards the dining table.

"This place really does have cool stuffs inside, doesn't it?" he asked.

"Yeah." was all I said as he lend me my food, Steak and mashed potato.

"So, what do you want for a drink?" he asked.

"Water would be fine."

He took a tumbler from the fridge and gave it to me. Once he already sat on his chair, I asked him the things that'd been bothering me the moment I gained consciousness.

"Eros, can I ask you something?" I asked him and he nodded.

"What is this place?" I questioned, eyes filled with hopes that he can give me the answers. I really needed to know because so far I have no idea, not even a guess of where I am right now.

He cleared his throat before answering. I could sense the seriousness in the atmosphere by just the way he looked at me. I know this is not just an ordinary place. I can feel it.

"This is a special facility that has an objective to confine our kind. You-"

"OUR KIND?! What do you mean our kind?!" I wasn't able to stop myself to exclaim.This is absurd! Like we are aliens or some kind of creatures prohibited to live outside? Or possibly they confined us here because we were infected by a virus or a disease that'll make the human populace extinct! No way!

He just narrowed his eyes and gave out a deep sigh.

"I know this is too much for you to absorb but first listen and I'll answer your questions after I explain." he said.

"So going back. You can think of this place as a prison because there is no way we can leave this place. But they are here to help us develop. Since then, they've been capturing us for a reason." he looked at me profoundly, as if trying to decipher my facial expressions but I remained calm. I tried digesting every single detail he was giving me as humanly possible. When he recognized that I'm not going to tell something, he resumed.

"James, we are no ordinary. We are the INSIGNIAS."

——
Author's Note~

Sooooo!!! This is first storyyyy!!! I'm feeling so energetic right now. Let's finish this together. Lovelots~