06 | THE HERO & LOSING HIMSELF

CHAPTER SIX ➸ THE HERO & LOSING HIMSELF

CHAPTER SIX
THE HERO & LOSING HIMSELF

Aarav didn't know why, but this was the first time in a very long time that his hands were constantly grasping at his script. He had memorised every line, in fact, he knew the scene like the back of his hand. But, for the first time . . . Aarav Malhotra was nervous. He didn't know whether it had to do with the fact he was enacting the scene with Diya, or if it was just too soon for them to shoot this particular section, considering how quickly Shashank decided that it'd be easier for them to run through this portion, before finishing the remaining action sequences.

Hence why Aarav stood adorned in a white kurta pajama with beautiful stitched designs scattered at its borders, which made the outfit look aesthetic yet causal and comfortable at the same time. Of course, his character, Rohan, was a modern guy. But, that didn't mean he had to kill the Indian aspects completely. Being modern did not mean that Rohan would strip himself of his Indian culture. Thank God that Shashank, his team and the costume designers knew that.

Aarav knew that Diya was still with her hair and makeup artists, and so he ended up wandering onto the set before her, for once. He noticed a few assistants sorting out the room, in order to make sure everything ran smoothly, and comfortably, for Diya. In fact, Aarav himself had suggested they used a crane shot for this particular scene, so that Diya wasn't surrounded by the crew members.

Diya glanced down at the silk, white coloured dress she had been wearing before her eyes wandered to her hands that rested in her lap; fingers twitching and shaking. No, no, no! She couldn't let herself succumb to panicking over intimacy.

"Relax, Diya," Her makeup artist spoke softly, "An intimate scene with Aarav Malhotra is the dream of every bollywood actress." She didn't respond to the woman, and instead continued staring at her reflection as they slathered her cheeks with highly unnecessary blushers and bronzers.

Diya gave her makeup artist a weak smile before making her way onto the set. "Hey," She whispered, once she was standing next to Aarav, her heart racing wildly beneath her chest.

Aarav tossed his script to his side, somewhere close, just in case he needed it once more. Shortly after, Diya is seen walking onto the film set. He noted that her outfit was not revealing at all, but also took into consideration that once they called action, she'd be shedding the silky material off. And, that's how Aarav found himself placing a fluffy, white robe just a few metres out of frame; so he'd be able to reach over and hand her the item once the director called cut. "Hi," His voice was quiet, and so he cleared his throat. "How are you feeling? Main toh . . . I'm nervous."

He was The Aarav Malhotra, the one actor who would never admit his struggles or weaknesses. But, in front of Diya Mehra, he knew that he could; because she wouldn't judge him for it. He hoped that she would too reveal how she felt the exact same way as he did, and hopefully ease the nerves.