Introduction

You hadn't paid him too much attention at first, he just came in from the autumn weather looking for inspiration. You didn't know what he needed to be inspired for, you were pretty sure he was just a stunt cookie at the time.

As days turned to weeks, and weeks into months, you began to observe his behavior more closely. He always brought a pack with him, in that pack was a sketch book and a pencil bag. You glanced over his shoulder at the page when you passed by him one day. The page was decorated in abstract shapes and patterns with complex shades and silhouettes.

In the days that followed, you continued to peak at the cookie's designs. You noticed figures form on the pages, leaves and flowers, pets and gummies. It amazed you at ever glimpse you got, you had no idea he was even capable of such beauties.

You had gotten used to his company even though neither of you interacted more than when he placed his order. So, when a day came he didn't show, you were very disappointed and grew a tad worried, but tried to brush it off. You told yourself he might have gotten caught up with something else and just didn't make it that day.

Then, he failed to show the next day and then the next. You were very worried at that point; fretfully, you wondered if you had accidentally scared him off, if he had caught your glances over his shoulder and became uncomfortable.

 You were very worried at that point; fretfully, you wondered if you had accidentally scared him off, if he had caught your glances over his shoulder and became uncomfortable

Wind Archer came in, the doorbell startling you from your troubling thoughts, snow clinging to his leaves and shoulders. He smiles at you and you feel more at ease in his presence. "Good morning, Wind Archer." You greet him, trying to forget your earlier concerns.

The elven cookie returns the greeting, his accent meshing all the words together in way you can't describe. "G'morning, how's the day been?" You shrug at the question, "Not too busy really." Its at this moment your mind pieces together the weather outside and your regular customers' absence. He must have just stayed home.

Wind Archer nods and asks for his usual green tea. You set about preparing the kettle and leaves as the two of you chat. Despite your best efforts a small nagging feeling lingers in the back of your thoughts. You pass Wind Archer his cup, making a cup for yourself seeing as no one else was present.

It crosses you that Wind Archer is aware of almost every cookie within the city and surrounding towns, and you start to hope he might know something about your favorite regular.

You fidget, hesitant to ask. "Uhm, Wind Archer?" Your friend perks up from his tea waiting for you to continue. "Have... Have you heard anything about Gumball Cookie?" Wind Archer blinks in surprise. "I didn't realize you were friends."

"We're not. He's just a regular here, and I was worried because he hasn't showed up in a few days." You stutter the sentence out. Wow, you should not be this flustered, but you are. Wind Archer hums in acknowledgment, then shrugs his shoulders. "He's probably gotten a chill like most of the other warmer cookies. They're not used to this ice."

You stifle a gasp as a pain strikes your chest, and you scold yourself for being so sensitive to a simple possibility. It may not even be the case; he could be perfectly fine. But if he's alright, why hasn't he been by?

"I'm sure he'll come back around." Wind Archer's voice snaps you back. It takes you a few seconds to process his statement. You sigh and agree; you must have made a worrisome expression because you're unsure why else he would say that.

Wind Archer finishes his cup and bids you farewell, leaving you a tip equal in price to his tea. You shake your head. You'll never understand why he does that.

The hours from then on tick by. The entire while you're debating on paying Gumball a visit. You have a vague idea of where he lives and you're confident you could find his place by following the splats of chewing gum he leaves everywhere.

Closing rolls around and you settle it. You're going to Gumball's to see if he's alright.