Now its gone mental.

Tasha POV

It was at least three weeks since Q's strange encounter with me in my quarters. Only Deanna knows about it right now. I haven't said a word about it to anyone else. Apparently before Q interacted with me he bugged Le Forge then after me, Worf. Only the three of us, but no one knows I encountered him too. Le Forge and Worf told their stories during a conference. I... I only sat there getting looks from Deanna and Riker who noticed Deanna's looks towards me. Do they think I will tell them that Q thinks I have a liking for him? Q has been on my mind since. I let a prisoner escape on accident because my mind was somewhere else. Why am I thinking about him anyway? I don't have any feelings for him but hate and my urge to punch him in the face. Though I think all of us want to punch him in the face. No. I want to kick him right in the balls. Mans weakest post.

A smile was forming onto my lips as I thought.

"Yar." What? Oh crap!

Capatain Picard and mostly everyone else on the bridge was staring right at me. Did I seriously blank out again because I was thinking of Q? "Sorry Sir." I said clearing my throat. He as well as everyone else turned their heads away besides Deanna who was giving me a concerned look. Which I only glanced at her to see it.

"Open hailing frequencies, Lieutenant Yar." Picard sternly said. He almost sounded pissed. He probably was at me.

"Hailing frequencies open Sir." I reply quietly but enough for him, Riker, Deanna and Worf to hear.

~~~

I can't believe that happened. We were making contact with a Ferengi vessel. Because I was late to open the hailing frequencies the Ferengi were able to plan an escape and do so. After that Picard dismissed me for the rest of the day but is requiring me to check in with sickbay to be sure nothing was going on. Something is going on alright!

Beverly checked me out as perfectly normal signs. She asked me what was really going on after I lied about saying I might have had some drinks before my shift. She wasn't buying it, so I told her. I did mention how I wanted to kick Q in the balls and we both laughed as she agreed.

Deanna once again came to my room to talk about this. Not that I'm just thinking about Q I have to talk about him! He's driving me insane.

As the door buzzed I sighed, sitting on the couch like I was when Q came. "It's open." After speaking the doors opened and Deanna stepped in. I gestured the seat across from me then quickly changing my gesture to a chair at the side.

"You are thinking about him aren't you?"

No Deanna I'm thinking about a meadow with blooming flowers and a unicorn. "Yes." I would have said that if my mood was any worse. Because she's my friend I'm being easy on her.

"He hasn't been here in weeks." And that doesn't mean he'll suddenly pop up.

"He has been on my mind for weeks, it's like he never left and he's just in my mind." I let out a heavy sigh. This wasn't easy for me. I've never had a person been on my mind for so long. Protecting my sister was on my mind when I was still with her on Turkana IV but that's different.

"What do you think is making him stay on your mind?"

What I think? I have no idea actually. "What he said? That he thinks I'm into him? He was here in general?" It was obvious that Deanna felt my confusion.

"It could be all of those reasons Tasha." I sure hope not.

Our converastion continued for an hour and Deanna recommended that I took some time off to relax. Taking some time off should get Q off my mind. It's been awhile since I've taken time to relax. Maybe a trip to the beach in the holodeck will be enough. A spa on the beach sounds better! That's what I'll do.

----

Thanks those of you who have read the first chapter! Don't be scare to leave comments. Even suggestion/idea would be pretty cool!! <3