.10.

Emma's POV

I have called Grayson twice, no answer both times. I decided to take a long shower, daydreaming about anything and everything.

The front door opened, but I didn't hear. The water coursed down my body as I closed my eyes, letting the water hit my face. Suddenly, the bathroom door opened. I jumped and let out a squeal, grabbing the towel just outside of the glass shower door and wrapping it around me, after shutting the water off.

I carefully creeped my head around the fogged up door. All I saw was the door wide open, and all I could hear were footsteps up in my loft above me.

After mentally preparing myself, I sneaked out of the bathroom, keeping my head on a swivel. My heart pumped fast as I limped toward the stairs, not caring to use my crutches or take off the shower slip on my leg.

The shower slip crinkled and cracked as I hobbled up the stairs, very slowly. I kept my head down as I reached the top.

"Hello?" I finally squeaked out. A shadow appeared in my closet, making my heart beat out of my chest. My footsteps slowed as I saw a familiar face peer out the doorway.

"James?" I squeaked, hesitantly moving toward him.

"Hi sister Emma!" He exclaimed, walking over to my body and wrapping an arm around me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, still shook.

"Just wanted to peep in. How are you?" He asked, going through my clothes.

"Fine...," I squinted my eyes. "Why are you really here?"

He took a step towards me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Are you and Gray hooking up?"

.

.

A/N

sorry for the short chapter babes, i'm leaving for vacation today and this is all i could write at 6 am