8. "she's turning grey."

"you know when home is less like a place and more like a person

"you know when home is less like a place and more like a person."

real life

richie already knew the drill of what to do like the back of his hand as he made the way up the steps of the sundel household. he should've been sleeping because of his jet lag but he didn't feel it as he was way too worried about kathy. he knew that kathy was always being pressured to be as big as her parents, even if people didn't say it out loud, you could always tell with there eyes. 

and sometimes it becomes too much.

fishing for the keys, richie unlocked the door and pushed it open, the smell of different liquors and dust filled the air. anybody who wasn't used to it would've been swept off there feet by the smell. and with that, he slammed the door shut and walked around the house to see it's condition. 

the first thing that the dying girl woke up to was the sound of the house's door opening and slamming close, a soft groan coming from her lips. she knew exactly who it was, not her parents though she wishes it was them. it was her best and her only friend, richie teeter. 

the first floor looked slightly disorginized but stiff and quiet which worried him. always. but the stairs is where the cleanness all ended. at the top of the stairs a hamper was tilted over, the clothes fell down the stairs and stayed like that. 

the dark-eyed boy sighed as he picked up the clothes as he went up the stairs, the smell of liquor becoming strong along with the smell of cigarette smoke. tossing them in the hamper and straightening up the picture on the wall, he brace himself for the door just a few steps to the left of him, the door closed almost all the way. 

pressing his lips into a thin line and taking a deep breath, he walked over to the door and pushed it open to see the trashed room with clothes, trash and bottles lined up along her bedside and kathy's several covers twisted and turned around on her bed, a few partly on the floor.