Chapter 44: The Call

Caroline had to leave Lya to allow with Klaus to get back to work. Before she left, she told Lya to take some time off and to head back to New Orleans once she finished talking to Klaus.

"Aside from current events," Klaus said breaking the silence that fallen between the pair after Caroline left. "How is Hope?"

"She's amazing," Lya told him. "I'm proud of her and how far she's come, so are my brothers, Hayley, and Freya. She talks to Kol and Rebekah at least once a week but usually more. She had straight A's in school and she's so beautiful."

"I figured that much" Klaus said, "You are after all her mother."

"Here," Lya said pulling up a picture of Hope with Saltzman Twins and Jack. "That's the most recent picture I have of her."

"You weren't kidding about her being beautiful," Klaus said, "The other three are Caroline's twins and your nephew right?"

"Yeah, we all spent Christmas in New Orleans," Lya said.

"How'd that go," Klaus asked

"Let's see a house full of witches, vampires, hybrids, hunters, and a nephiliim," Lya said, "I'm honestly surprised we didn't kill each other."

"Well it's a good thing only two Mikaelsons were there then," Klaus said "You know I wish things could have turned out differently. That we could have been a proper family for Hope."

"We all do," Lya said, "and it didn't help that you haven't talked to her since she was nine."

"That's complicated," Klaus said.

"I've said before and I'll say it again," Lya said, "I don't care how complicated the matter is I want to help fix yours and her relationship but I can't do that if neither of you is willing to tell me what happened."

"Lya, I told you four years ago..." Klaus began but Lya cut him off.

"Yeah, I remember," Lya said to think back to Hope's eleventh birthday when Klaus called to let her know that he would no longer be calling her. "But you know what else remember, promising that would let Hope go through the same thing I did and includes not losing her father."

"I'm sorry," Klaus said kissing her forehead. "I forget but it's complicated and I'm leaving it up to Hope to tell you."

"You do realize Hope is a Mikaelson right," Lya said as phone dinged. Checking her lock screen she saw she had a message from Hayley.

Hayley: A big problem has come up with Henry. We need you in New Orleans.

"What's wrong," Klaus asked as Lya attempt to call her sister multiple times before giving up. She admittedly decided if she couldn't get Hayley to answer she'd just head to home. "Lya!"

"A problems come up with Hope's hybrid," Lya told him "and Hayley's not answering."

"Well before you go running off let me try calling her." Klaus grabbing his own phone and calling the hybrid. When he got an answer after a few rings a look of shock crossed his face. "I was looking for your aunt."

"Um yeah so are we" Lya heard Hope response. "I don't know where she is. She's missing."

"I'm on my way," Klaus said hanging up and grabbing Lya's arm. "Come on along, Love."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
Sorry, It took so long for me to update. I'm trying to wait for Originals Season 5 to end before I get any closer to the end of this book. So I'll probably just updated once a week and one chapter at a time till the final episode premieres and then I'll back to doing two or three chapters every few days till the end of the book.

~ Rynn