I N T R O

I sat in my go-to brunch café, popping one earphone in to avoid loneliness and began to text my friends. University just finished and summer was rolling in.

My broke ass couldn't afford to go to Denmark, America, The UK, even Japan. Hell, I could barely afford a coffee.

Thats when my life changed for the better. You see, I'm not like these other bitches. I dont work in retail. I don't work in restaurants or coffee shops.

I make my money online using online errand websites. I post ads online on various websites and if someone has a job for me, I will do it.

I paint and design homes, at least the interior job. I also paint little doodles and make online art and edits for my online following but that's another thing.

I received a message for a month-long process of a complete re-do of a house fairly distant from the city.

"Hi Ms. Yuna Chae,
I saw on a website you are a painter up for "any job any time"? Perhaps you could do my house? The paint us chipping and the wallpaper is peeling off of the walls; nonetheless horrendous.
If you are up for the job please write me back and I will verify your payment amount and my address.

Yours Faithfully,

Yoongi Min"

I had to send back a message. I am almost broke and if i fail to pay my apartment rent next month, I'll be evicted which I can't risk.

"Hi Mr. Yoongi Min,

I would be delighted to do the job you set me up for! I will need your address and you must choose and buy the paint cans so I can start immediately. However, if you are unsure, you can hire a consultant to talk about the potential colours or talk to your friends and family to see if it would suit.
If you need a consultant, I can be hired for that as well or you can find another. Also send me a date and time you would like me to arrive.
Kind regards,
Yuna :)"

Fuck. Forgot my surname.

Whoops?

Almost instantly I got a message back.

"Thank you Yuna. I'd like to hire you as the consultant for choosing the paint and I'll buy it. I have attached a Google Maps link to my house. Feel free to come around tomorrow so you have the end of June to choose and select paint after scaling the walls and making your rough estimates and all of July to August to begin the hard work.

Thank you once again,
Yoongi :)"

All summer!?

"I accept to be your consultant and will be at your house at 1pm.
Till then,
Yuna"

At least I'll get paid for being a painter and consultant...

Oh no.