Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Kitty Paris

Giddily, I take his hand, holding it with mine. No words could describe what I'm feeling right now. Beyond heaven. Beyond anything. Since 9, I've been loving him. And he just admitted that he likes me, since he was 10. I feel like in any minute, I'd burst, or explode from happiness.

"You know," he says, smiling at me. God, his smile is the best smile ever. It makes me want to melt. It makes me want to beg, to kneel in front of him. "You are my first kiss."

I am? I scrunch my nose up, frowning. Liar. He has had 5 girlfriends. And I bet he kissed them like a maniac or something. And why is he saying this? Why is he lying to me? It's possible but I don't believe him. But then, Mason doesn't lie nor does he talk shit to anyone.

He must have seen my frowning because he says, "It's true, You're my first kiss. Remember Gelene?"

Gelene Montecarlo. First girlfriend of Mason Erwan Ashmore. She had this long, thick blonde hair that kept shining, always flipping it, to show us that her hair was smooth and almost perfect. She was insecure of me and kept telling me to back off of Mason. She also had this long legs that always shining, like it'd been lotioned or something to make it shine. She always forced Mason to do something. And Mason hated it. And now, I'm starting to realize it. Mason never kissed her, only on cheeks but not on her lips. But, they must have kissed somewhere less public, right? Or they must have went to some private area to kiss... right?

Anyway, this Gelene turned out to be a lesbo. No kidding. She's had an unofficial relationship with this girl who's the school's nerdy, whose name's Sofi. She used Mason just to prove she's not different, that she's straight. But one time, she couldn't keep it anymore and announced to the whole school that she's lesbian because some jocks kept hitting on her, telling her that their genital was big. I laughed at that. Then she told them that she'd been in love with Sofi. Unfortunately, this Sofi nerdy doesn't play for the same team. I pitied her. Because she cried. When I comforted her, she told me something awful that I became scared. She told me she liked me first, had a crush on me. Ew.

"Uh huh," I say, shivering at the thought of Gelene liking me. He sees my expression and bursts out laughing, clutching his stomach, banging the other hand on his knee. "It's not even that funny."

"It so is, Kitty. It so is." He huffs as he pants, taking some time to breathe. "I never thought about that. She liked you." Then he begins laughing again. Jerk. "Oh, Kitty, Kitty. I really, really like you." He makes a smooching face and I gawk at him in disgust. I roll my eyes at him, getting irritated. I don't want to remember it. It's one of the most awful, not to mention embarassing, moments of my life. "Remember, Shaine?" I nod.

Shaine Florentine, one of the cheerleaders of our old school. Dark hair, thick eye lashes, super red lipstick. Total whore. She slept with almost anyone in our school, and Mason was one of her list. Mason broke up with her because... I don't know the reason of it, but when Mason appeared in front of my house, he was really, really mad. I never saw them kiss.

"Hey, hey. Lorie McKinley! Remember her?" Mason asks me, wiggling his eyebrows, grinning at me. "She was a total emo! I didn't know why I used her just to ignore you, or, I'm going to be honest, just to take my feelings away from you. That didn't work. Of course, I had to keep it. Anyway, Kitty. Believe me. You really are my first kiss. I ain't lying! I never lie."

"You lied." By keeping your true feelings towards me. "You totally lied."

"No, that's called hiding. You did that too."

"Shit,"

He laughs. "I love it when you swear. It makes you look even sexier than ever."

I blush. I hate it when he does that, making me blush. But at the same time, I really, really like it. Normally, he'd just stare at me for a long time and I'd blush. He would hold my hand, swing it then smile at me. Right now, it seems like a dream; too surreal. At the sudden blush, I need to cover it. So I do the only thing that quickly crossed my mind, to kiss him. I pull away. "Aw, thanks. Mayonaisse." I peck him on the lips. "Aw, look at that. I'm your 7th kiss," — kiss — "8th kiss," — kiss — "9th kiss. I'm sure I'll be your last one."

"Sometimes, you're so cheesy. I like it." He smiles at me. A smile that catches me off guard, that has me drooling, that makes me want to melt in his arms.