"Okay, you wanna fight? Let's fight."

[Corinna]

The walk to my favorite sushi place is a quick one since it happens to be right across the street. I open the door and gesture for Bucky to enter the crowded little restaurant. He walks past me and steps to the side with his hands stuffed inside his pockets as I follow him. I watch him scan the restaurant, his eyes assessing everyone carefully before finally meeting my gaze.

"Are you done with your HYDRA inspection?" I ask, raising a brow.

He nods his head, before self-consciously pulling down his baseball cap. "I think people can recognize me though," he replies.

"What makes you say that?" I ask with a frown, but from the corner of my eye, I can feel someone looking at us. I turn to look at the person and notice it's a middle aged man. He's staring right at Bucky with a look of fear. I huff in annoyance before grabbing Bucky's hand and drag him to the back of the restaurant, sending the man a dirty look as I walk past him. 

"If anyone else recognizes you, I'll flip 'em off. Don't worry." I announce as I quickly let go of Bucky's hand, "sorry," I mutter awkwardly.

"It's fine," He mumbles as he sits down at the table. 

Before I can reply, a lady comes by to take our order. "What can I get you guys today?" She asks, giving Bucky a second glance before turning her attention to me.

"Have you had sushi before?" I ask Bucky.

He shakes his head, glancing at the lady before looking back at me, "You can order for me."

I nod my head and look at the lady before ordering, "Can I get one California Roll, one Shrimp Tempura Roll, and one Avocado Roll please." I say as I watch the lady furiously scribble down our order.

"Anything else?" She asks. I don't miss the discreet glance she gives to Bucky.

I look expectantly at Bucky who seems to be spacing out. "Hello, earth to Bucky." I call out, waving my hand in front of his face.

He looks up after a few seconds, slightly jumping in his seat before his eyes fall on me. He shakes his head with a grunt. I look up at the waitress and give her a small smile as she returns it with her own. She gives one last look of concern to Bucky before scurrying away. 

"Hey? I know this is a stupid question, but are you okay?" I ask awkwardly. I clench my hands in my lap as I wait for Bucky to reply.

"Yeah. It's been awhile since I've been in a public place like this..." Bucky mumbles, looking around the restaurant before his piercing blue eyes land on me.

I nod my head in understanding and give him a small smile as I think of something to say to break the awkwardness that's settled upon us. Thankfully, the waitress comes by with a pitcher full of ice water and two cups.

As soon as she leaves, Bucky reaches for a cup and fills it with water.

"So...I've been wondering," I start off, bringing my hands under my chin.

"Yeah?" Bucky replies, waiting for me to continue as he brings the cup to his mouth.

"You were alive in the 1940s, right? So doesn't that technically mean you're a hundred years old?" I ask.

Bucky chokes on the water that he's drinking and I lean over to pat his shoulder, "Don't die on me, Barnes. We wouldn't want your cause of death to be that you choked on water." 

"Ha ha, very funny." He replies monotonously as he wipes his mouth.

"I know, I try." I quip, secretly happy that the awkward tension has lifted. "But don't change the topic. Are you really a hundred years old?"