"You're supposed to be dead."

[Corinna]

"Hold on," I say to Trisha as I climb onto the armrest that's between both of our seats, "let me see who we're dealing with first before you kick their asses."

"Wow. Never thought I'd see the day you don't want to walk into a fight blindly." Trisha comments dryly.

I give her a dirty look as I slide the sunroof open. Grabbing my sniper, I slowly stand up and stop just when my head is popping out of the roof. Slowly, I slide my sniper up and fix the bipod onto the roof. 

But before I can even look through my scope, bullets begin to whiz past me.

"Okay, screw it! I don't care who we're dealing with - we just need to get out of here!" I yell as I grab my gun and hop off the arm rest, sliding down to the floor in front of the backseat. Quickly glancing at Jay, I notice that he's still knocked out cold. "How hard did you hit him Trish?"

"Hard enough, but he's the least of our worries. What's our plan?" Trisha replies as she blindly sticks her hand out the window to shoot at the shooters.

Pinching my eyes shut, I will myself to think of a plan that'll get us out of here in one piece.

"You know what? My beautiful SUV is damaged anyways, what's a little fender bender gonna do, right?" Trisha announces impatiently as she brings her hand back into the vehicle. She changes the gear shift to reverse and places her hand on the back of the passenger seat, before looking back with a look of determination.

I open my mouth to ask her what she's doing, but the car lurches backwards, causing my nose to collide with Jay's knees. Rubbing my nose, I glare at Jay's sleeping figure before whipping my head towards Trisha, "What the –" my head collides with Jay's knee again as the SUV backs into the truck. "Okay, OW. A little warning would've been nice." I say, rubbing the side of my head.

"Sorry," Trisha mutters before throwing her car door open, "cover me!" She calls out before jumping out of the SUV.

"Hey, get back in here!" I scream as I reach over to open the car door near me. I blink a couple of times as my eyes adjust to the poor lighting and see that Trisha is fighting two men. Bringing my gun up, I spot a man aiming his handgun at Trisha and pull the trigger before stalking towards her. "What the hel –" I shut my mouth when I feel something cold press into the side of my head.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" I hear a familiar gravelly voice say near my ear.

Clenching my teeth, I keep my eyes on Trisha who's now moved onto fighting three other men. She was always the stronger one when it came to hand-to-hand combat, but it still amazed me how she was able to effortlessly disarm and knock out trained HYDRA agents like it was just another day sparring at the gym.

"Rumlow," I say through clenched teeth, "I thought you died when the good guys kicked HYDRA's ass."

His hand wraps around my shoulder as he digs the gun deeper into my head. "That's the thing, sweetheart. The good guys never won." He replies lowly as he takes a step forward.

"Oh, well that's about to change." I mutter with a subtle smirk before bringing the back of my gun up to Rumlow's head. Turning on my heels, I kick him in the stomach, causing him to stumble back a few steps. He wasn't expecting me to fight back, which was his first mistake. 

I bring my gun up and aim it at his chest, but someone tackles me from the side, causing me to lose my grip on the gun as I fall down.

My head painfully makes contact with the road as I try to fight off the HYDRA agent that tackled me, fully aware that Rumlow is standing just a couple feet away holding my sniper.