CHAPTER 1

The fair-haired passenger of the blue family car glared at the purple sunset that was setting over the grey asphalt. The red maples that were aligning the road were bathing in a pink glow as they rustled slightly due to the soft breeze. To the west the tangerine sun was going down colouring the sky in shades of yellow, pink and purple. To the east shades of purple, green and blue cast a shadow.

The driver with charcoal black hair swept his hair back and sped past the large wooden welcoming sign with cursive letters stating Welcome to Kirkhill with written below town of friendly people. The passenger shifted his glare from the outside scenery at the shaking red arrow that was slowly moving from 70 to 75, 80, 90. The Hispanic driver was completely ignoring the white speed limit sign of 50 that was passed by seconds ago just behind the wooden welcome sign. Annoyed a warning glance was cast at the driver from the backseat by the glaring eyes. "I'm finished. Here is the file back again." A mousy brown-haired girl commented from the front seat catching the attention of the glaring man as she clumsily turned in her chair and managed to get stuck behind her seatbelt.

"Shit" She cursed as she pulled angrily at her seatbelt that was cutting of her movement. Naturally that resulted only in the seatbelt tightening. "Just hand it over to Felipe instead ok?" The glaring man said tiredly as he dragged a hand through his tousled blonde hair. The girl named Abigail nodded embarrassed and passed the file backwards to Felipe who was sitting behind her. Unfortunately she held the file upside down as she passed it over, resulting in all its details to fall out covering the small crème coloured space meant for feet in the family car. "Oh I'm so sorry! I'm so clumsy!" Abigail cried out as her ears turning red. "It's fine." The glaring man answered as he leaned forward together with Felipe trying to gather all the lose documents and pictures.

The glaring man's hand stilled as he grabbed one of the family pictures. It was a picture taken at an amusement park. A slim women with freckles and brown hair smiled at the camera wearing a yellow bucket hat and large black sunglasses. In her arms she was holding a little girl wearing a pink polka dot dress that held several ice cream stains. The little girl had pigtails sticking out on the sides of her head that were tied with glittery purple hairbands and in her hand she was holding a large ice cream cone. Her toothy smile was surrounded by blue ice cream. To the right of the woman stood a barrel chested man wearing a light blue polo shirt and khaki shorts. His dark brown hair was swept backwards whilst sunburns of a pair of sunglasses marred his smiling face. He was holding the hand of another little girl slightly older than the other. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail and she was wearing a matching dress to the other little girl. Heart-shaped sunglasses framed her little face.

The glaring man lifted his mismatched eyes looking up as he felt the driver slow down the car. "Copy right turn." Andres mumbled into his headpiece as he put his blinker on. The glaring man cast one last quick look at the photograph. No longer glaring. Two older boys were standing in front of the mother. Six, he thought. Or rather seven. He searched through the documents that he was holding in his other hand until he found what he was looking for. A picture of a teenage boy from the local Kirkhill high school tennis team wearing a green school team shirt. His short brown hair with his ears funnily sticking out at the sides. Attached to the picture was another picture of a heavy set young adult. It was a selfie where he was bulging his muscles in front of the mirror whilst wearing only shorts. He searched again through the pile putting the three pictures together aside.

"Looking for this?" Felipe held up a picture from his pile showing a picture taken of another young adult male wearing blue jeans and a grey t-shirt. If the other male had been heavy set then this one could be described as Hercules. His black hair was slightly curled and his eyes were a deep brown. His sharp chin line gave him a dangerous look. Surely girls flocked to this guy, it wasn't a surprise that a female victim had turned up. What human girl would have known that this good looking specimen actually was a threat? You haven't been an easy target, the fair-haired man thought as he looked at the young males face.