CHAPTER 4

His eyes burned almost as bad from the bright morning sunlight as his back burned from the finger nail scratches that he had received last night. Stumbling over legs and half-dressed bodies he made his way over to the hotel bathroom. Apparently he had not taken one blonde to bed yesterday but five blondes. One blonde he could handle. Five blondes well they were a lot to handle. 

To be fair he shouldn't be to speak about blondes given his own fair golden locks. Goldilocks that's what he had been called back at Father's home. He had hated the name. Perfect he thought now my whole morning is ruined by just remembering the name. Groaning he splashed some water on his face, he had to try and find his pants then quickly make his way over to the airport. He was already late, Arabella was going to skin him alive. He barely remembered how he even ended up with five ladies in his bed to begin with instead of one.

"You're late." General Blackwood noted as she sat down on the pristine white leather in the back of the Orders Chevrolet. "I'm sorry Arabella." He mumbled annoyed as he glanced at her through the reflection of his rear mirror. "That's General Blackwood to you now and where is my welcome kiss?" She complained as she pulled of her black leather gloves. Resigned to his faith Adam awkwardly turned in the driver seat giving her a quick peck on the cheek. Arabella still looked as pristine as she always did, not a hair out of place and not a smudge of makeup on her face. Her red hair was pulled back in a tight bun, her lips were painted a cherry red and an elegant black fur coat hid her figure from his prying eyes. Her cold pale brown eyes stared at him through the rear mirror and eyebrow raised. He got the message loud and clear, stop looking. 

"Where's the dossier I requested?" Arabella questioned as she opened her laptop scrolling down her emails. "It's in here." He answered as he grabbed a black suitcase and handed it over to her. "Only open it in a safe location." "Very well." "Did you travel alone?" Adam questioned as sped onto the highway. General Blackwood sighed as she closed her laptop and rubbed her forehead tiredly. "Let's just get these pleasantries out of the way. What do you want to know?" She asked as she stared straight at Adam through the rear mirror. "Has he relocated to the US? Is it true?" "That's confidential." "We hold the same rank." "But you are still not informed." She countered with a smirk.

 "I think it is better they leave this to me and Louis, given we have field experience." Adam gritted his teeth as he stared daggers at her through the rear mirror. It was true he had never hunted a Kudlak before but that was due to their rarity in the US. For god's sake they were almost extinct worldwide with what is assumed fewer than five hundred individuals remaining. 

A small devilish smile suddenly graced his face which went unnoticed by General Blackwood as she opened her laptop again. Adam made a sharp turn to right parking outside a white marble building. "We've arrived. Now get out." Arabella glanced outside suspiciously before spotting the white marble stone. "Do you want a tip for that ride or?" She asked with a smirk as Adam pulled out her suitcase and threw it unceremoniously on the sidewalk. "Careful that's designer goods!" She gasped as she ran to view the damage on her bag. 

Adam made sure to quickly enter the car once again and drive of leaving General Blackwood cursing at the sidewalk ten miles from her designated destination. "Knew she couldn't keep her hands of it." He smirked victoriously as he looked at the unlocked suitcase. He would just take a peek they wouldn't even notice.

Slamming the door of the Doctor's office behind him Adam angrily stormed off towards the training grounds. He had to let off steam and focus. The doctor's words still ringing in his ears. "Non-active." The old mouse faced man was going to put him on sick leave just because of a little headache and some memory loss. This was nothing he couldn't handle. "Ada!" His whole body froze as he heard that familiar melodic voice. It couldn't be.