CHAPTER 2

"Adam!" "Adam!" "Adam, you need to answer me, when I am asking you a question!" The fair-haired men groaned as he opened his heavy lidded eyes and glared up at the hollow weak form of Dr. Campbell as he craned over the sitting man. Adam leaned back against the cool mustard colored wall, stroking the artificial plastic paper fabric on the examination bench. "Very well." "Can you lift your arm up once more and imitate this motion?" "Yes, sir." Adam answered numbly as he imitated the doctor's movements. "Please tell me if it hurts anywhere, do you still have problems with your elbow? The stitches have healed fairly well after the last operation but I can't remove them until in about a week." Adam rubbed his hand consciously over the large stitched up wound on his elbow, it looked as if a large dog had mauled him. The canine marks clearly distinguishable in the smaller puncture wounds. "It feels fine sir." "Very well, how is your migraine? Has the medication helped?" The corners of his mouth set in a grim line as the doctor reminded the young man of his medical condition. The constant throbbing ache at the side of his head.

"Not really, I haven't noticed any difference sir." Dr. Campbell nodded and moved back to his desk. Quickly typing down new information into Adams medical files. "I won't lie to you Adam, it worries me. Your PET, CT and even MRI scan has shown nothing. The only thing I can do for you is another change in your medication." "Alright sir." "I'll prescribe you some new medication which you may pick up tomorrow at the pharmacy downstairs. I'll just give your shots of monthly vitamins and we will be done." Dr. Campbell moved over to the glass cabinet on the wall and retrieved four packaged syringes with needles and four tiny glass jars filled with clear liquids. The shots were over in a minute and Adam grabbed his black winter jacket of the bench and was out the door. These doctor meetings always made his headaches worse and made his scarred skin crawl.

A quick glance at the white shining numbers on his dark phone screen made him frown, he would be late to the called meeting. Dejectedly Adam marched with large steps out of the medical building and made his way across the small square to the head office. Fall had come early this year and it had brought its cold winds to New York. The large slick black marmor stone walls that surrounded the grounds glowed warmly in the midday sun and shielded compounds inhabitants somewhat of New York's raging cold winds. It also kept the bustling city life of New York out.

He threw a quick glance at the small white chapel that was surrounded by twelve linden trees to give an appearance of seclusion and pristineness. The twelve linden trees represented the twelve apostles and always provided him with a sense of security, during his earlier years when he had been a permanent resident of the New York headquarters residential quarters he would often spend his time under those beautiful trees dismantling and assembling his weapons or simply passing time by sleeping on the soft grass. As he passed it by, he reminded himself that he should pay the little chapel hidden behind the yellow leaves a visit soon. It had been too long. "For where two or three gather in my name, there I am with them." The dull ache at side of his head intensified and he clenched his teeth, the pain was always worse when the season got colder.

Determined he sped up his pace and quickly entered the head office. Grunting he followed the security procedure on auto-pilot his thoughts elsewhere. Was the call for the meeting due to the report he had submitted regarding the last holy mission? No, he followed all procedures correctly, there was no cause to call this meeting. He frowned as he entered the elevator and pushed the button for the 28th floor. Swiping his staff card in order to be granted access and within seconds the glass lift was moving upwards towards the sky.

Lost in his thoughts he contemplated the purpose of the called meeting. Causalities during holy missions were not uncommon and Felipe was currently seeking redemption within those white walls of the chapel. Hopefully he would be leaving it soon, repented or not. Their failure in eradicating the remaining two family members could not be enough to call this sudden meeting, mistakes happened. They were unacceptable however bound to happen, after all they were just human. Furthermore he had already diligently reported to the committee that Team Beta had been assigned to hunt down the remaining two family members. It wouldn't take long to locate them, they would travel together after all, following their instincts.