1

Valerie Taylor kicked the stone under her feet angrily as she pulled her long blond hair into a messy pony tail, her guard's jacket still too big for her, hung to her mid thigh,"Fucking ass." she growled as she looked around, her gun in hand ready to shoot, she had never been this part of Terra Nova before and she'd seen a lot, although a small part of her told her that she wasn't  in Terra Nova anymore.

She neared an open field with what she believed was a buck in it, her mouth fell open as she lowered the gun, she had never seen a buck in real life, only in pictures and drawings, but none of them seemed to have two heads like the one she was staring at, suddenly a twig snapped and she knew she hadn't been the one to break it, the buck looked to it's left, the opposite direction Valerie was before running off allowing the blonde to see the group of five that was crounched down with shock all over their faces.

Instantly raising her gun she asked "Who are you?" her guard-mode instantly activated, all of them raised their arms, they didn't think any guard beside the brunette girl's older brother had come with them, yet they had never seen the blonde in the Ark either, "Who are you?" the blonde girl in the the group of five asked, "Names Valerie Taylor from the first pilgrimage. Now who are you?" Valerie answered, "I'm Clarke Griffin, these are Finn Collins, Monty Green, Jasper Jordan and Octavia Blake." the other blonde says, "Did you come in the ship?" she quickly adds, "Honey you won't catch me in a spaceship not even dead." Valerie teases as she lowers her gun and places it in the holster on her leg.

Everyone relaxes as the guard dresses like blonde asks "This isn't Terra Nova is it?", everyone shakes their heads and she sighs, "Great..." she mumbled, "You can join us, then it's a fair trip, three boys, three girls." Octavia beamed stepping closer to the blonde, "Fine by me." Valerie shrugs, wandering alone in Terra Nova was one thing but wandering alone in this Earth was another "Bellamy won't like it." Finn grumbled to Clarke, his eyes watching the new blonde, "I know he's not, but there is nothing we can do." Clarke replied, "Who the hell is this Bellamy and why won't he like me going with you? He can kiss my ass for all I care. " Valerie inquired cocking a brow, her usual cocky and careless attitude coming back "I like you, I think I'm going to keep you and Bellamy's my older brother." Octavia explained, "Great.... older brothers and I don't get along. So if he expects me to sit down and obey like a lap dog he's greatly mistaken." Valerie commented.

"Alright, enough chit chat, we need to get to Mount Weather." Monty and Jasper said, wanting to be able to question the blonde themselves, everyone nodded and Valerie stood in the back, her hands in her pockets and her eyes wandering around, "So... anyone interesting in your life?" Monty asked the blonde, "If you mean to ask me if I'm single, yes I am. With an over bearing father like mine, hard to have one." Valerie laughed, Jasper beamed at his best friend and raised his thumbs, Monty rolled his eyes and said "I would show you around but I'm also new down here." making the blonde hum and look ahead.

"Nice tattoos." He quickly added, Valerie cocked a brow at him and showed her right hand and left wrist, "Thanks, I've had them since I was 12." she beamed, everyone frowned at her words yet no one said anything. Their now joined walked became slightly awkward, Finn and Clarke disliking the instant connection between Octavia and the new girl, Jasper and Monty looking at the brunette and blonde girls with small smiles as they began to plan how to swoon the two girl, and Valerie explaining the meaning behind her tattoos to Octavia while Octavia told her about their previous  home, the Ark.

"Hey, you know what I'd like to know? Why send us down today after ninety seven years? What changed?" Finn commented out loud for the whole group to hear, "Who cares? I'm just glad they did. I woke up rotting in a cell, and now I'm spinning in a forest and I have my first best friend." Octavia countered, hooking an arm around a tree and spinning, earning raised brows due to her friendship comment. "Maybe they found something on a satellite, you know, like an old weather satellite or..." Monty in putted making Valerie raise a brow, "It wasn't a satellite. The Ark is dying. At the current population level, there's roughly three months left of life support, maybe four now that we're gone." Clarke replied, her tone flat.

"Sound like from where I'm originally from, only we weren't in space, Earth had gotten to the point where we needed masks to breath oxygen, until they sent us to Terra Nova." Valerie recalled, earning shocked looks from everyone. "So that was the secret they locked you up to keep, why they kept you in solitary, floated your old man?" Finn inquired, walking closer to the blonde space girl, his eyes glancing from Clarke to Valerie and back. "My father was the engineer who discovered the flaw. He thought the people had a right to know. The Council disagreed. My mother disagreed. They were afraid it would cause a panic. We were gonna go public, anyway, when Wells..." Clarke began to rant, "What, turned in your dad?" Monty guessed.

"Anyway, the guard showed up before we could. That's why today. That's why it was worth the risk. Even if we all die, at least they bought themselves more time." She finished, "They're gonna kill more people, aren't they?" Monty questioned, his heart tightening at the thought of his parents. "Good. After what they did to me, I say, float them all." Octavia expressed, passing ahead of everyone only to have Jasper say "You don't mean that." and follow her.

"We have to warn them." the long brunet boy stated, standing in front of Clarke and looking her in the eyes, "That's what my father said." Clarke replied softly, her cold and uptight exterior cracking, "It's what any sane person would say." Valerie quipped, purposely passing in between them and forcing them to take a step back and return to reality, walking towards where Octavia and Jasper had walked.

Instantly their eyes caught the sight of Octavia stripping from her pants, "Oh, damn, I love Earth." Jasper commented while Valerie took shook her head and Clarke inquired incredulous "Octavia, what the hell are you doing?" Octavia merely looked back quickly before jumping forward making everyone but Valerie rush forward in fear, only to find Octavia with only her head out of the water. "Octavia... we can't swim." Monty said, looking at the water longingly, "No, but we can stand." she teased, standing up and laughing.

Everyone including Valerie laughed, however as Valerie had come to understand the Ark blonde, who had an immense need to ruin everything, said "Wait. There's not supposed to be a river here." forcing Valerie to roll her eyes and Finn to counter "Well, there is. So take off your damn clothes." "Aren't you going in the water?" Monty asked the new and longer haired blonde, "Someone's gotta keep watch on you kids." she teased with a wink making him blush. 

Then while everyone else began to get undresses Jasper and Valerie noticed something in the water, it moved quickly and it was moving towards an oblivious Octavia, "Octavia, get out of the water." Jasper warned making Valerie insist harder when the brunette girl simply turned around "Get out of the fucking water now!" but it was too late, whatever it was it had caught Octavia and had began to drag leaving the remaining 4 from the Ark to shout "Octavia!"