1 | Exchange Student

Heels clicking against the polished floor, the scent of Ammonia in the air. The clamour of students were quite disturbing, blocking the hallway and banging of their lockers close, rings in my ears. Plainly annoying.

Another big body blocking the hallway, tsk.

"Excuse me, Excuse me", like a mantra I repeat out loud.

Twirling and side stepping, two steps back and halt for a few seconds. A daily morning routine of mine before finally getting at least close to my classroom's door.

The cold metal of the knob I grab on as I pull it back with much needed force to open. It was quite hefty.

Greeted with the bright light and cold air, paradise, "Morning".

"Oh hey, Fate! Morning!"

"Morning"

"Morning"

Repeated greetings were all I hear as I sat down by my designated desk.

"Morning, Lois", I greet again as she greets back and goes back to talking with a few classmates who surrounded her desk.

Dropping my bag at the front, I fish out my phone as I pause the music that was currently playing.

War and Roses by Dream Lane, an all boy idol group. One of my favorites.

I zip my bag open, pulling out my hoodie, tugging it on.

Muttering quietly,"Seriously, I'm excited for the changing of seats".

I put back my earphones on as I scroll to play Heroes by Dream Lane, again.

Clicking my tongue, I scroll through my news feed. Like and heart it, giggle and 'aww'.

Before long, class started...

"Good morning, Class Rosá", Mr. Waltz came in suddenly as we gasp and stood up.

"Good morning, Sir"

"Sit back down", attentive we all listen.

"Now then, as you all know in our school, we have a program where in we send possible students to attend other schools to exchange, vice versa."

"Well, let us welcome a new classmate that will be joining us, Hugo Felix"

Then came in Hugo Felix, is he Hispanic?

"Hugo would you like to introduce yourself?", I glance around the room to see all the girls interested. The boys although were also listening but then-

"Hello, I am Hugo Felix. I am an exchange student from Argentina, Asociación Esucelas Lincoln. I came here in the purpose of studying. That is all", his voice was smooth with a bit of rasp. It was just right.

"May I take my seat, Mr. Waltz?", he asks, glancing at our flabbergasted teacher.

"Oh yes, of course", Mr. Waltz's stammers out.

Hugo walks with such a royal aura; confident with his head up and elbows straight. He walks straight at the back row passing by my seat. I didn't mean to, but I smelt a spicy but soft and sweet scent coming off of him.

 Yves Saint Laurent ? 

I look back to check on him but accidentally made eye contact with his grey-like eyes. Gasping, I blush and quickly look back at the front.

He was seriously handsome, too intoxicating for a Second Year of High School like us.

I stand from my seat as I tap the pile of books against my table, just to make sure it was neatly piled. Alright.

"Fate, Lockers?", my best friend Mimi asks.

"Yeah, hold on. Ima' just get this and-- this", I grab onto the file case and last portfolio.

"Okay, Lez' go".

As I side stepped to avoid some chairs, Mike accidentally bumps into me, making me fall exactly towards Hugo's lap. As I did, I felt Hugo's arms wrap around me in instinct.

Slowly realizing what happened, warmth spread quickly on my cheeks as I look up at him.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to, swear", I stammered out while kneeling down to collect my things.

Silence.

I look around to see my classmates wide eyed and some... smirking?!

How dare they!!

I suddenly felt fingertips brush against my cheeks, pulling my hair back.

"Are you okay?", Hugo asks me as I quickly stand, things in my arms.

"I'm okay--- so so so sorry again. Come on Mimi, you too Mike", I say while glaring at Mike.

"Ooo, your dead meat, dude", his bestfriend, Lucas, elbowing him by the stomache.

"Stop, tsk. Okay look, I'm sorry Fate and sorry Hugo".

Oh no you don't. Wait till later, Ima' kill you.

Replying Mike with his apology with my hands doing a thumbs up pairing it with a smile and suddenly making a thumbs down.

Hell no.

I saw Mike visibly gulp, I may be petty. I may be immature and sweet but I hate half-assed apologies.

"It's okay. No biggie", Hugo then returns to reading.

No biggie? Weren't you making a draft that suddenly got ripped?

"Hey Fay, are you really okay?", My bestie asks as I shake my head, no.

I still remember Hugo's face, he had long lashes, tan skin, a bit of freckles but his deep green eyes, intrigues me the most.

A beautiful smoky grey that I know would shimmer if he stared up at the sky towards the sun. And his curls, I want to comb my fingers through them badly.

His breath that fanned closely to my skin, minty.

Everything about him was intoxicating, even his lips. This is my first time feeling such warmth.

His arms that caught me, you can feel a bit of his muscles that flexed, he was warm.

It felt... nice.

I then hear Mimi giggling as she gushes at me.

"So cute".

I blush, again.