I : She has it all

Seems like it, don't you think so?

Beep beep beep

The sounds of the machines fill the room, as it's been doing so for the past year.

Park Chaeyoung, a girl who just seems to have it all, she just seems to have the perfect life, right?

Wrong.

She's been sleeping peacefully for the past year, and maybe many more to come. The doctors can't predict when she might wake up. Her relatives can do nothing but pray, and her friends can do nothing but wait.

Why is she sleeping so soundly?

18 June 2017, 7:43 p.m

Chaeyoung's on a stretcher, with 2 nurses running beside it, trying their best to get to the operating-

Wait wait, hold your horses, the date's right but the time isn't.

Let's try this again.

18 June 2017, 7:19 p.m

A loud bang could be heard as two vehicles collide, followed by the screeching sound of the tires as the cars ski.

The oh so lucky red Mercedes which happened to be behind the collision made a harsh turn to try to avoid crashing into the two cars. It was lucky in avoiding the cars, but not lucky enough to avoid the tree at the side of the road.

Take a wild guess on who was in that car.

Park Chaeyoung.

She was in the car.

In a short while, a few ambulances came, transporting the casualties to the nearest hospital.

18 June 2017, 7:43 p.m

Chaeyoung's on a stretcher, with 2 nurses running beside it, trying their best to get to the operating theatre so the surgeons can do their best to save her life.

19 June 2017, 1:31 a.m

The red light turned off, indicating the end of the procedure.

Her dear mother, a widower who lost her husband 4 months ago due to cancer, had already dealt with enough stress and trauma in the span of one year, not to mention the addition of fear of the thought of losing her precious daughter, her only kin. This poor old lady, who had a few strands of white hair, and little to no wrinkles on her face, rushed towards the surgeons, heart pumping at the thought of losing her only daughter, asked if she was stable.

"We managed to save her, and she's in a stable condition, however, she's fallen into a coma, and we're afraid we don't know exactly when she'll wake up," a surgeon said. He had enough experiences with breaking tragic news to families that this was quite easy for him.

Chaeyoung's mother face showed happiness, although her tears were betraying her. Yes, she definitely was happy that her daughter had the will to fight and won, but of course, she's devastated as she does not know when her daughter will awaken.

8 June 2018, it's been almost been a year since that fateful day.

Her mother and her close friends are visiting her, just like they did every other week.

But this time, a miracle happened.

Chaeyoung moved a finger.

Everyone went hysterical, obviously, they've been waiting for their dear friend or relative to wake up for the past year.

Lisa went to call the doctor.

Jennie was texting all of Chaeyoung's friends, updating them on what happened.

Jisoo and Chaeyoung's mother were screaming, begging for chaeyoung to wake up.

Chaeyoung's eyes fluttered open.

All of them were crying tears of joy, after almost a year, their dear Chaeng has finally woken up.

Chaeyoung cried too, of course, she was touched, her friends didn't leave her, her mom stayed by her side.

The doctors explained that she had to stay in the hospital for a few more days as they needed to keep her for supervision least anything goes wrong.

"I have a question, " Chaeyoung asks.

"Fire away, " Jennie says.

"Why am I here?"

Everybody's smile dropped, along with their hearts.

"It seems like she has amnesia, it's not severe though, she just can't remember what happened a year before the crash. Don't worry, she'll slowly regain those memories but I suggest to not tell her what happened because it might be a big blow to her" the doctor assigned to her explained once he pulled us out of the ward.

Who knew, she did remember something the year before the crash.

The bracelet sitting on her bedside table, waiting for its owner to retrieve it after one long, lonely, painful year.