Chapter 60

"Come in." Aaliyah said.

Shawn popped his head in and saw that she was lounging on her bed reading a magazine. "And that, little sis, is what knocking looks like."

"Shut up."

Shawn stepped all the way in and sat on the edge of her bed. "I'm sorry."

She just flipped through the pages trying not to cry. "No need to apologize. I should have knocked."

Shawn leaned in closer noticing the tears falling. "Awe, why are you crying?"

She shook her head trying to fight the tears. "I'm not. I'm not."

Shawn wiped away the tear that tickled down her cheek with his thumb. "There is no need to cry. I am at fault here."

"It's not that." She said then placed the magazine down.

He listened intently as he rubbed her hand.

"I feel terrible. I mean...you must think I am a horrible little sister!"

He smiled and looked at her curiously. "Why in the world would I think that? You are the best sister a guy could as for."

(Charlie quietly stood by the door to listen in. He knew he shouldn't, but he couldn't help himself.)

She began to cry. "I shouldn't have reacted that way. I love Charlie. I love you guys together." She said then buried her face in her hands.

"Hey, hey. Come on now. I know how you feel."

She lifted her head up and looked at him. "But I was just in shock seeing it...I mean you must think I am awful."

(Charlie shook his head.)

He held her face. "Hey. Stop it. Anyone would have reacted that way. It can be shocking."

She shook her head. "Not for me. I am your sister."

He pulled her close against his chest and held her. "Stop this nonsense. Please don't think that Charlie or I think that about you. We love you sweetie."

(Charlie nodded)

She held onto him tightly. "I'm sorry, Shawnie."

"Come here." He said then laid back and pulled her close.

She snuggled up to him, resting her cheek on his chest. "I am sorry for being so dramatic."

He petted her hair as he spoke to her. "You're not. Let's agree that from now on, I lock the door and you knock, aye?"

"Agreed." She said with a few more sniffles.

(Charlie smiled at how adorable they were)

They sat there for a bit in comfortable silence.

"Do you think he is 'the one'?"

(Charlie felt his heart start to race)

Shawn smiled. "I know he is."

(Charlie closed his eyes and smiled warmly)

"Pete is going to be devastated." She said out of nowhere.

(Charlie's eyes shot open in surprise)

"What?" Shawn asked completely thrown off guard.

"Well, he has been in love with you for like ever."

"And you know this, aye?"

"Of course. He told me once when he was super drunk during a family bbq years ago."