Chapter 2

Third Person Pov

Kakashi Hatake walked down the dark corridors underneath Konoha, using a flashlight as his only source of light. His task was to retrieve a dangerous item from floor 6 and room 7.

He shivered at the thought of the cell. The room was supposed to keep the most dangerous artifact Konoha has created. It was deemed too chaotic for use and so was stored it underneath Konoha. 

He gritted his teeth, the temperature seemed to keep dropping as he went further in, he hugged himself with one arm to create heat for himself. It was freezing, and he was sick of it. They gave him little information about the weapon and sent him down for the single purpose that no one wanted to take the task. No one wanted to complete the mission. All they gave him was a key.

His teeth chattered, he went one floor further down. He began to quiver uncontrollably, gripping his side harshly. He felt strange energy wash over him. It was strong yet it was not evil. Kakashi froze, reaching the end of the hallway. His eyes widened, and his tremors stopped coldly, there it was, right in front of him. The accursed room 7.

His hands shook as he fumbled out to get the golden key. He cursed at his shaking hands, know he knew why the others didn't want to take the job. It was nerve racking and unsettling. He finally brought it out almost dropping it in the process. The icy key slid into the key hole, fitting around it perfectly. He turned the key, a click sounded after it.

Kakashi gulped, wiping the sweat on his brow violently. He reached for the knob hesitantly and turned it slowly. The door was pushed. A gust of cold wind greeted him, almost pushing the door closed, his own hands struggled to keep it wide wide open. The gust of wind died down causing him to stumble into the room and he fall on his face.

He groaned, peeling his face of the tiled floor. He glanced around the room, spotting a kid sitting on a comfortable wooden chair, staring at him. He flinched, startled by the kid's calm appearance.

The child only blinked, his face was blank, yet a bit amused. Kakashi blinked back at him, picking himself off the floor. "Hey..." He started. "What are you doing here?" He asked him calmly, strolling to the boy.

The boy was surrounded by multiple games and books. One singular bed sat in the other corner with a small cabinet leaning against it. A music player was perched on top of the cabinet, it currently didn't play any music, Kakashi noted.

Kakashi didn't get an answer from the boy, he blinked at him once more and turned his attention away from him and onto the book he was holding on his lap.

Kakashi sighed, rubbing his head. "Listen, kid... I don't know what your doing here but all I need to do is retrieve "The Weapon." He emphasized, giving him a sheepish look. "Do you know were I can find it?"

The kid paused, looking at him again. He shook his head rapidly and closed his book. He walked over to Kakashi and pointed at himself. He then shuffled over to the music player and closed it, folding it into a brief case. He rummaged through his games and pulled out another briefcase. The boy gathered his book and the two briefcases and tugged on Kakashi's sleeve, pointing out the door.

At this Kakashi's face twisted with confusion. He didn't know what the boy was telling him to do. "Can you talk?" He asked politely. The boy nodded, pulling Kakashi out of the room.

He pulled the key out of its hole and dropped it into his sweatpant's pocket. He patted it, closing the door shut and began to pull Kakashi out of the hallway.

"Hey w-wait!" He stuttered, trying to stop himself. For what ever reason, he countinued to be pulled up the stairs and one floor up. "I n-need to get the weapon." He argued, trying to tug the boy back. The boy pointed at himself, grunting softly. Kakashi was still confused as to what he was referring to.

The boy continued to pull him up the stairs, until they reached the surface. Sunlight hit him in the face, it's stunning glare shined in his eye. They climbed the Hokage tower, reaching the Hokage's office.

Without hesitation, he pushed open the door, pulling Kakashi inside with him. The Hokage's eyes widened, his lips stretched into a old smile. "Good job, Kakashi. The mission is complete!" He praised, putting down his papers.

His single eye widened, "This is the weapon!?" He exclaimed, gaping at the small boy in surprise. The boy looked at him with the same blank face he gave him earlier. Kakashi couldn't believe it. He looked like a normal little boy, that didn't give a single fuck! It just didn't make sense!

"This is Alaster. He'd perfer it if you don't call him 'weapon'." The Hokage smiled uneasily, rubbing his neck sheepishly. Kakashi was frozen in his spot, it took him sometime to process this information.

Alaster finally had enough of Kakashi's shock and tapped his arm twice. He staggered back, he felt stinging when the boy had tapped him. Alaster put his finger on his lips, tapping them softly as he pondered about what to say, but the Hokage interrupted him as he opened his mouth to speak.

"Oh, by the way Kakashi... Your in charge of training him now."

Kakashi gaped again.