Chapter One

It had been 2 months since Rowan found out that Brandon was 'King Cobra'. Every night, every single night Rowan had dreams or nightmares about him. Whether it was them sitting on his roof, or her taking off his 'King Cobra' mask. She was still with Jake, but it was different. It was one-sided, he loved her but she didn't know anymore.

She still went to Brandon's house, and up onto the roof every weekend. She brought fishy each time but usually, he stayed on her nightstand.

It was now February, right around valentines day. Rowan was hanging out with Elisia and Hailey when she got a call.

"I'll be right back, its Jake," she said leaving the room.

"Row? You there?" he said.

This had been going on since the night he was arrested. At least every few days Brandon would call from Prison. Rowan hadn't told anyone because she knew they might think badly of her.

"Yeah, I'm here," she replied.

Even though they had been talking for 2 months, she still was scared to open up. She wanted to see the good in him, but what if he were the bad guy? What if he used something against her?

"Listen, I know, I know I screwed up but you need to know that I'm good. You have to get me out." He said.

She had accidentally let it slip out one night that she is the reason why he was arrested. She swore that once she believed he was good she would find a way to get him out of Prison. But she never could, as much as she liked him and wanted to be in his arms, she couldn't do that and risk getting the people she loves get hurt or worse, killed.

"Brandon. You know what I said. I'm scared, okay."

"What do I have to do to get you to trust me again. I'll do anything."

"I don't know. I don't- I don't want you to be stuck there but I can't risk you hurting someone."

"Row,"

"Just wait. I'll come up with some kind of plan. Bye."

"Bye."

Rowan hangs up the phone and leans against the wall. She slides down and puts her head in her hands. She tries to think of what to do. Then it pops into her head. She'll have to keep it a secret but she knows what to do, no matter how hard it is. She put it all into her phone.

THE PLAN:

Get Stinger to hack into the database and send in an anonymous message saying it wasn't Brandon. With proof that he didn't do anything or plan to.

Pick him up before anybody else can.

Take him to the abandoned warehouse that is a few blocks east of home.

Bring a gun and ask him if I can trust him, etc.

DON'T let emotions corrupt your mind.

If you have to, shoot him in the leg or arm.

Only kill him if he tries to hurt you.

Rowan imagines having to kill him and winces. 'Only if he tries to hurt you. Only' she thinks to herself.

She texts stinger the plan and goes back to Hailey and Elisia.

"What took you so long?" Elisia asked.

"He had a question," She paused. "Plus we all know how Jake likes to go on about work."

"Yeah," Elisia laughs.

They all went back to talking about school and whatever came to mind. But still, all that Rowan could think of was Brandon. And the thought of killing him.