Chapter Five

Ash.

I know he can keep a secret.

I wasn't going to take him to some abandoned place, or have a gun. I was going to Brandon that I needed to get something to eat, but I'll call Ash and get him to come and question Brandon. I can't do it. I know I can't.

"Hey, Brandon?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm gonna go down and get a muffin or something, want anything?"

"Nah, I'm good, thanks."

I smiled and left the room, I went into the elevator when I called Ash. Immediately he picked up, I bet Elisia told him about my 'sudden disappearance'.

"Rowan! What happened to you?" He asked.

"I'm sending you an address, come right now. I need to talk to you." I said as I texted him the Hotels address. "There," I said clicking send.

"Got it. See you soon."

"Bye." I hung up and went outside, waiting for Ash to arrive.

_________________________________

When Ash had gotten there I pulled him to the side.

"Brandon is here," I said.

"I thought you couldn't be near him?" He said sounding confused.

"I lied. I picked him up from the station. I need you to question him, see if he's on our side." I said trying to make it quick. I didn't want Brandon to come looking for me.

"I'll help, but why can't you do it?" he replied.

"I- I just can't. Okay," I looked at the ground.

"Want me to bring anything? A knife?" He asked. I remembered when he was in the hospital. They said he had a small chance of making it, but he ended up being okay. Elisia was heartbroken, but to be honest, so were Hailey and I. Ash was our friend who had been helping us since the beginning of this mess.

"Just in case, yeah," I said.

"Go in the truck. If something happens I'll text you and you need to drive. No matter what, okay?"

"Okay," I said and told him the room number.

"Stay safe." I said to him, "You too." He replied as we hugged. I got in the truck and waited. I hope this works out.