Who Am I To Deny It In Here?

Sitting inside music box…she cries…and cries…her heart is shattered in two caused by her own self. I’m my personal bystander to my own story. Ronnie sat next to me, rubbing small circles on my back. I don’t know why I’m crying. I’ve never cried when my cat died, when my friends and I used to fight. So, why am I crying when Ronnie hit me? I don’t know.

            “Hey, Ronnie?” I asked quietly.

            “Hmmm?” He asked. I sniffled.

            “Ca- Can we watch Sweeney Todd?” I asked. Ronnie chuckled before standing up and holding his hand out to me. I grabbed it and he helped me up and we walked into the living room with Ronnie’s arm around me.

             We sat watching Sweeney Todd and singing all the songs happily but Carl well Blade had to interrupt by screaming.

            “I’ll take care of it.” Ronnie offered getting up. He walked out of the room and I watched him as he left. I watched that man too much. Well I wouldn’t call him a man more of a boy in a man’s body.  He was so immature not because he was silly and acted like a little kid but because he thought that killing people and torturing them would make him happy. By causing other sadness he would be happy, though it might work for a while it was just making him worse in the end. He needs help but I wasn’t going to be the one to tell him that…

            My thoughts were interrupted by a muffled scream and I knew Carl was gone. I wondered how he did it this time. Did he choke him? Maybe slit his throat? Whatever it was, it made me start singing softly to myself. I stood up and walked down to the basement. I saw Ronnie holding up a knife over Carl’s dead body. Ronnie looked up at my arrival but I didn’t spare him a second glance. I walked over to Carl’s body which was draining ruby red blood and kneeled down next to him, letting myself sink my hands into the pool of blood that lay by his head. I reached my hands up to my face and stared at the blood before licking my pointer finger, letting myself indulge in his coppery blood.

 I stuck my finger back in and held it up. Ronnie enclosed his lips around my finger and sucked the blood off it. His eyes met with mine as he did so and he smirked when his lips parted with my finger making a pop with his lips. 

“Tasty” he laughed before walking out of the room again, I always handled the bodies.  I hooked my arms under the bleeding body and pulled it into the corner of the room to be burned.  Once I got the body where I wanted it I walked out of the room into the living room where Sweeney Todd was still on. Ronnie was sitting on the couch biting his nails. I heard the lyrics of ‘Have A Little Priest’ and I smirked before grabbing Ronnie’s hand. He smiled down at me before placing his hand on my waist and the other in my own hand. I put my hand on his shoulder and I held onto his hand. We began to waltz around the room to the strange lyrics of Elton John.       

“For what’s the sound of the world out there.” Ronnie sang to me while we continued to dance.

            “What Mr. Todd? What Mr. Todd? What is that sound?” I sang back to him.

“Those crunching noises pervading the air.” Ronnie spun me around then pulled me back close to his body.

“Yes Mr. Todd. Yes Mr. Todd. Yes all around.” I sang looking into our eyes. Our eyes locked and he smiled down at me very sweetly.

“It’s man devouring man, my dear. Then who are we to deny it in here?” we sang to each other. It seemed like we were the only people in the world at that point. That seemed cliché but it was true. We stared at each other and stopped dancing as our eyes stayed locked. I threw my hands around his neck to hug him. His hands were on my hips in seconds, I thought it was to hug me but instead he pushed me against the wall. His hand was on my throat as he lifted me off the floor so I had to stand on my tippy toes.

“You’re not supposed to hug me. You can’t show affection. That’s when people hurt you.” He dropped me to the ground and walked into his room to leave me there crying.