Chapter 7: Starlight

*Lotors POV*

I don't appreciate that excuse of a knight he's trying to keep Lance for himself, ha I always get what I want. You either hand it over nicely or I'll take it from you.

Don't get in my way small knight, you'll regret it.

*Shiro's POV*

Seeing Keith smile and dance was the best part of the night for me, he always looks so down in the dumps, like putting on a smile would kill him but this was the happiest I've seen him in a long time. I thank you, Lance.

"They look happy, don't they," Allura said placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I've never seen his smile shine so bright," I say not taking my eyes off them.

"I know I've only known Lance for a couple of days but I see greatness within him" Allura sighed then continued " He has so much power within him, his body won't be able to contain it all. "
I looked from the boys to Allura and asked: "What happens when his body gives way?"

"I don't know and I don't want to find out" she stopped again, leaned into me and said in a hushed tone "pure quintessence his hard to find an extremely powerful, lance is hold holding the largest supply I've seen. The bad news is the Galra empire was harvesting pure quintessence so I'd keep an eye on the two of them." with that, she walked away, shocked I scanned the crowd for Lotor I couldn't find him.

I looked back to were Keith and lance were dancing they were gone too.

Let's hope I find Lance before Lotor

*Keith's P.O.V.*

Lance eventually stopped dancing claiming he was tired, and that he wanted to show me something.

We snuck away and headed towards the gardens, there's a large tree in the center of the garden it's in bloom this time of year. The tree was covered in beautiful purple flowers.

"Okay, it's a tree why are we here, lance?" He just smiled at me when I asked.

"Because I've been taking classes with Allura on how to control my abilities or whatever, so when we're studying we stay in the garden and learned that I can do this." and with that he puts a glowing blue hand on the tree causing the flower color to change from purple, blue, then red.

Taking his hand off he turned to me smiled and said: "what do you think pretty cool right?"

I stood in shock only a hand full of Alteans could mess with the Starlights tree. "I-it's cool how did you do that?"
"I don't know, the first time I did I slammed hand on the tree because I was pissed off at some stupid spell, but when I hit the tree flowers turned blue. The second time I turned them pink when I showed Allura. The funny thing is she went on about how special the tree is but I wasn't really paying attention." he just shrugged it off like it was no big deal. "What's the deal with this tree anyway?"

I sighed and told him I'd tell him another time. We decided just to walk around the garden, get away from the crowds and the noise just talk.

"Keith, do you ever wonder what it would be like to float with the Stars" he sort of whispered to me. Looking at him I could see the constellations in his eyes shining that beautiful ocean blue.
"Sometimes, lance sometimes"

Of course, you would wonder that you're a child of the stars

Sorry for the short chapter and the long wait I've been busy and stuff like that. I'm trying to write more (it's 1:30 am when I'm writing this so I'm sleepy) also season 7 comes out August 10 I'm not ready. Thank you for reading this it means a lot
My apologies for mistakes and errors I'm too lazy to edit

661 words