[ Dangerously Cherished ]

[ Title: Dangerously Cherished ]

[ Type: Simple Manip ]

[ Genre: Gang Romance ]

[ PERSONAL THOUGHTS AND CRITICISMS ]

The image manipulation is probably my favorite part of this cover. I used the 'Color' blending mode to change the rose's color to a more of a bright red, and then used the 'Soft Light' blending mode to paint in the blue so that the transition from red to blue is more 'believable'.

I also like the atmosphere of the cover as I used a 'fog' brush to make the empty space more interesting while also using a normal layer with very low opacity to color in the blue and faint red in the corners. I also really like the red-teal-plum color scheme, even though it doesn't fit any color theory principles, which kind of bother me.

The text... is something, I guess. I can reluctantly say that I like the title (the font at least). It's bold, short, and sharp. But that author typeface is baddddddddd. It's too flowy and the kerning is really weird? The font legitimately looks like something you'd find as a blog typeface, which is not ideal for a BOOK COVER. Not to mention my choice to make the spacing and different weights very strangely presented. There is no thought put into how any of the text fits in with the composition of the cover and the background image. Just bad.

In conclusion, good editing and colors... bad composition and text. I want to write these criticisms every other cover or so. They're a good reflection exercise imo.

[RESOURCES]