Asahi

"well it goes okay until he said he's actually an alien and he has to leave earth soon or he will die, and then the next day I saw him with another girl" your friend finished and soon followed by laughter of another two of your friends.

"he is the lowest of the low..." one of your friends chimed in.

"exactly..." you spoke, "you'll be fine without him"

"ah... I wish I could be like you and Azumane, it must be nice..." she sighed.

"we're just a normal, boring couple, nothing special" you smiled.

"that's what envy me, you guys just... so..." she struggled to find a word, "...chill"

"and about the other day-

As the conversations continued, you noticed someone walked into your class, silver hair, beauty mark under left eye. 

"(F/n)..." he smiled once your eyes meet his.

"Suga, what's up?" you greeted the silver-haired setter.

"where's Asahi?" his eyes flickered away.

"in his seat" you glanced at Asahi who currently reading some book.

Sugawara didn't say anything and made his way toward Asahi. you raised an eyebrow as your eyes following his figure. he stood in front of Asahi desk. you were curious what he was doing, so you tried to listen to them in between your friends' excited voices.

"I appreciate the thought... but I'd just be holding you all down again if I came back" was what you can only catch from the conversation and was said by Asahi. you sighed and frowned as you can already guess what they were talking about. 

After the bell for the end of the school rang, Asahi swiftly left the class. He looks deep in thought as though he forgot about the rest of the world, not even looking at you. Usually, both of you would walk home together after the club, but he left the school early lately since he never attends his club anymore for a couple of months.  

And the next day he looked more troubled than usual, especially after you saw him talking with two boys--one with bright orange hair and the other dark blue hair with a scary face. You saw them yesterday too, they were talking with Sugawara as well, so you thought they must be the new recruitment of boys volleyball club.  

when the sun began to set when the sky aglow with orange light and you were just finishing with your club, you found Asahi sitting on the slope of the hill near the school. your eyes soften as you walked over to him.

"thought you already left..." you said from the sidewalk. Your voice broke Asahi thought and simultaneously he looked over his shoulder.

"I was waiting for you..." he smiled and extended his hand toward you. you stepped over into the grass, taking his hand while carefully stepped down the hill. He held your hand firmly until you safely seated beside him.

"did something happened?" you asked, tone full of concern.

"I want to know what happened too" Asahi breathed.

"Asahi..." you exhaled.

He looked at you when you said his name, and then the two of you just stare at each other for a moment.

"Asahi!" you raised your tone, making him flinched a little.

"what?" he inquired.

"stop making me worry..." you whined.

"did I?" he raised his eyebrows.

you rolled your eyes before letting out a long breath, "you know, I passed the gym on my way out... it's not too late to come"

"I don't know... I think I'm scared..."

"you always are..." you jested, making him hung his head while radiating a gloomy aura around him.

you chuckled, "but you always manage to overcome it somehow, did you not?" he looked up at you, eyes started to fill with hope. "you play not because anyone telling you to, that means you love it... and to top it all, you missed it, didn't you? to be in the court... isn't that reason enough for you to come back?"

"you sound like Daichi..." he mumbled.

"maybe because that's the fact..." you chuckled.

"what if I got stuck again, I will just be holding them down..."

"then turn around and find the other way... you'll find it--as long as you don't stop trying, you'll find a way" you shrugged.

He silent for a moment, eyes unfocused on the grass as if contemplating what to choose. after a while he looked at you again, looking determined. And a smile already found a way to your face. 

"can I get a kiss first, for extra strength?" He smirked and a very faint blush appeared on your cheeks.

"you such a dork"  you snorted as you shook your head in disbelief before leaned in to kiss him.

"you like it that I'm a dork" He whispered against your lips.

you laugh and broke the kiss, "I really do..." 

"now, go!" you ordered him, "just made up with them already... god you made me sound like I was trying to make you apologize to your girlfriend"

he grinned excitedly as he stood up, not forgetting to leave a kiss on your forehead "you go home right away..."

"what are you? my mom?" you jested.

"and be careful" He added, "if someone bothers you, tell 'em you're mine"

"Dork!" you shouted before smiling to yourself.