It's not fair to punish Luke for something you've done

A/N

Hey guys. Short update. Sorry It's been a few days. I'm super busy. But anyway. Hopefully I'll update again soon!

Ashton paced the backyard nervously. He had gone for his run showered and eaten breakfast before Jade woke up. He heard her in the shower and had come outside to think. He needed to get his head together if he was going to be talking to her. He just didn't know what to say.

Michael had already come out and attempted to comfort Ashton but it did no good. Ashton was a wreck and he feared for what he might do or say when he and Jade were alone.

"A-ashton?" Jade's voice called timidly. Ashton whirled around to see Jade standing in the doorway of the back door.

"Jade." Ashton's voice broke barely as he took in the sight in front of him. She was wearing a black dress that tapered longer in the back, while the front stopped mid thigh in the front.

"I-Umm, did you still want to talk today?" Jade asked nervously.

"Yeah, I do. If that's alright." Ashton nodded his own voice nervous.

"I'm supposed to meet Charley for lunch at twelve. Did you want to talk now or later?" Jade bit her lip.

Ashton cringed at the idea of her meeting Charley for lunch.

"Why don't we talk now." Ashton said checking his phone. It was Eleven they had plenty of time.

"Okay." Jade nodded. Ashton followed Jade back inside. They both took a seat on the couch. Jade was on one side while Ashton was on the other.

"Okay, I want to start by asking a question. And I just need your honesty okay?" Ashton swallowed hard.

"Okay." Jade nodded nervously.

"Are you secretly dating Michael?" Ashton didn't look up from his hands which were fumbling nervously in his lap.

"I'm sorry, what?" Jade asked taken aback.

"You two are awfully close all the time. He calls you baby, you were sleeping with him last night-" Jade cut in.

"Are serious right now? I would never do that! Luke would kill me. I could never date anybody behind his back. I would never date any of you guys either. You should know that Michael would never to anything like that either." Jade was a bit upset. How could Ashton assume something like that?

"I just had to ask." Ashton shrugged.

"No, we aren't dating." Jade said with a huff.

"I'm sorry." Ashton said after a moments silence.

"For what?" Jade asked confused.

"For everything. I shouldn't be such a jerk to you and I'm sorry." Ashton shrugged.

"I don't want your apologies." Jade shook her head. Ashton frowned up at her.

"I want explanations. Why do you hate me?" Jade asked.

"I don't." Ashton said almost sadly.

"I don't want to hear that. I want a reason." Jade growled.

"Jade, I don't ha-"