Chapter two

Peters Pov
We walked to the women's section of the store. She hurries and picked out some clothes then walked up to the dressing room.
"Um, peter?" She said shyly
"Ye-yeah?" I ask looking over at her.
"Can you come in with me? If you don't mind." She says shaking.
"Yeah, of course." I say following her in.
She goes into a stall and I wait outside for her.
"So Y/N. Who was that guy with you?" I asked trying to keep my voice as kind and calm as possible for her.
"Um. That was my actually my best friend." She says then starts to lightly cry.
"I'm so sorry." I say then smack my head. Why did I ask!? Im such a idiot!
"Do you have any family alive?" I hear her ask
"No. I don't." I say Then look down
"I'm sorry." I hear her say
"It's fine." I say weakly. Suddenly I hear her open the door. She came out wearing a black top that had some band name on it, with a light blue jean jacket, with black pants that were stylishly cut up.
"You look great!" I awkwardly say.
"Thanks." She says then shows a week smile.

We walk out of the dressing room, and start to walk towards the exit.
"Wait! We should get supplies before we head off." I say then she stops.
"I'll go grab some stuff for us, you wait and hide here!" I say then slowly walk towards the camping stuff. I grab as much useful things as possible and shoved them into my bag.
So far, I'm really liking y/n. But, I mean I hardly know her but, something about her, makes me feel more human.
Suddenly I felt two arms wrap around my waist. I turn around to see y/n terrified starring straight ahead. I turn my head back around and see an aliens standing in a dark part of the store. I felt her breathing heavily.
"Everything will be okay." I mouthed to her.
She just starred into my eyes hopelessly.
I quietly zipped up my backpack slowly, then held y/n's hand. I slowly lead her towards the exits. We tip toed ever so slowly yet the alien could sniff us from this far. It roared and the sound filled through out the store. Y/n put her hands over her ears. I grabbed her arm and we started running out of the door. Once we made it out the alien tried to search for our sent, but we were to far now.
"Where are we going?" She asked as we continued running.
"I-I don't know. But we have to go somewhere!" I say leading her down the empty road. We stopped to catch our breathe. But soon it followed with a scream. We looked around searching for where the scream came from. Y/n noticed where it was coming from and tapped me on the shoulder. She pointed towards a alien backing a boy into a corner.
I see y/n start walking towards them but I grabbed her and pulled her back.
I shook my head no at her but she gave me a hurt look.
"We have to save him!" She mouthed
"No!" I whisper
I then start to pull her hand as we continue walking. She struggles to let go, but soon gives in.
We keep walking for about about an hour before I stopped. Y/n was looking down at her feet, so she bumped into my back. She looked up at me and noticed I was starring at a building. This was my home. Where me and aunt may lived. I felt her tap on my shoulder and I turned to look at her.
"Where are we?" She whispered.
"Home." I say then start to walk into the building.
——————————————————————-
                           Y/N's POV
——————————————————————-
We start walking up the stairs slowly, trying not to make a sound. We get to a floor and peter stops. He opens the door to a apartment and we walk in. Inside looked normal. Like no ones been here in a while.
Peter started looking around then walked into a room, later he came out looking disappointed.
"What's wrong?" I whisper
"Uh, nothing, nothing." He says then shakes whatever thought he had out of his head.
"So why are we here?! We have to find a place to stay!" I tell him looking outside and seeing that the sun is slowly going down.
"We can stay here! We'll build bards everywhere and then we can go out looking for sound proof windows and stuff like that." Peter says hopefully. I turn my head slightly and see a picture of peter and an older lady. My heart and face softened.
"Pete." I say and he looks at me.
"You need to let go. Who ever your waiting for is gone. I'm so sorry. But to survive here, you have to move on!" I tell him. If we live here there are so many ways the aliens can get in, even with bards everywhere and sound proof windows, the city is an alien hotspot.
"How could you!? I thought that out of all people you would understand! If you had a chance to see if your best friend is still alive wouldn't you-" peter said but I cut him off
"Would I What peter!? He's dead! And there's nothing we could do about it! Get over it peter!" I start to yell now. Suddenly we feel a shake and a roar right outside the door. Peter grabs my arm and we run into a closet. He puts his hand over my mouth then shuts the door firmly but quietly. The closet has blinds in them so we watched as two aliens came barging into the apartment. I started to lightly cry but held in my sobs. I turn to look up at peter, he was just intensely starring at the aliens. They started to sniff, and at that moment I knew we were gonna die! I started to cry a little harder but then peter tapped me on the shoulder.
"Everything is going to be okay! I have a plan." Whenever he said, everything is going to be okay, I just believed him. But I know he's just saying that so I don't cry harder.
Peter then opened the closet door, I started squirming in fear. He then grabbed my hand and started to lead us quietly over to a room. But the alien started sniffing something in the air and started to take slow steps towards us. Peter started moving faster he went into a room then shut the door. We listened as the alien started to walk away. I looked around the room, it seems like a teenage boy lived here, this has to be his old room. I ran my hand across the table but stopped when I saw a huge lego Death Star. I started to lightly chuckle, he must of been a bigger dork then he is now. I look at peter and he was running around the room packing a bag with clothes and other random things.
"Come." He mouthed then walked over to a window seal.
He opened it up and it lead to a fire escape. We both climb out the window when the alien bursted into the room roaring.
Peter slammed the window shut, we starting running down the fire escape when the alien broke through the window and fell onto the fire escape. Everything started shaking, my legs gave in and I fell down. Suddenly the alien started stomping on the fire escape while crawling towards peter, the bolts gave in and tipped the the floor. I started sliding downwards, peter reach out his hand to grab me but I just kept sliding down faster.
I reached the edge and gripped my hands on the ledge. Peter was holding on to the railing reaching for me.
"Peter!" I say, my hands slipping more and more. I reach out for him and are hands grasps onto each other. He pulls me up, and looks around for an escape. He sees another apartments window and kicks his foot inside. We climb inside and start running towards the front door.