Away

"What exactly did you feel at this moment?", the psychiatrist asked him.

"Can you just stop being annoying!", former Robin groaned.

"No! This is about your mental health. So it's very important", she told him sternly.

"Ugh... ok... I felt...anger? I quit, remember?", Dick admitted laying on a couch next to the doc making it totally a cliche situation.

"Just anger? Because when we met a few weeks ago you were very, very upset..."

"Okay! You win! I was sad and... and so disappointed. They made me feel like worthless crap", he told her frowning,
"But it's true. I am worthless as a hero..."

"You don't really think that, do you?", she asked rising a brow in surprise.

"I... why do I have to do this therapy shit? Especially with you, Harley", the boy snapped at her.

"Cause, birdy...", Harley's voice turning back from her therapist one to her usual shrieking one, "You're hurting! And definitely not in a good way! Besides, I even had a successful session with Lobo! So I'm sure I can fix ya, too"

Dick rolled his eyes.

"I know. You told me about three hundred times. I just don't want to talk about them. They are not my family anymore", he sighed.

"Aw poor baby bird", Harley Quinn started hugging him tightly, "You'll get them back. I promise. And if not, just don't forget, you have ME!"

"Sure, Harls... sure", the boy gave a sad smile hugging her back.

You really didn't expect this, did you?

The Batman's protege teaming up with the Joker's. What a sweet irony. But how did it come to this?

Oh wouldn't you want to know.

However they're best pals now or at least something like that.

Currently they were staying at an abandoned apartment building in Blüdhaven which they call their home for now.

"How about we get ourselves some food?", Dick offered.

"HELL YES!", she cheered, "But not Chinese! Bud doesn't like it and Lew gets a nasty stomachache if ya know what I mean..."

"How about sushi?"

"I just said no Chinese food, birdy", the psychotic woman pouted.

"Honey, sushi is a Japanese dish", Dick facepalmed.

"What? Really? I mean... of course I knew that"

Dick shook his head, laughing.

________________________________

"So... When you gonna patrol the city again?", Harley asked him on the way to a random diner, "The thugs for sure noticed the missing tights on the streets"

"The day you start robbing banks again, H", he smiled bitterly.

"Oh, no fair", she argued, "I told ya I'm done with the clown obsession"

"Yup"

"But remember when we fought Bane and his thugs trying to rob that bank together yesterday?", Harley reminded him cheering, "I had so much fun doing that!"

"Yeah I remember and yes it was fun, but it was an exception because we were right there when they robbed it and I just can't keep doing this anymore. I don't know..."

"Oh baby birdy. I think it's because you are used fighting crime with them..."

"I guess it is"

And so they went down the streets earning weird looks from bypassing civilians mostly because of Harley's red and black costume she's always wearing. Dick went in his usual civilian outfit with his sunglasses.

"Hey, birdy, can I ask you somethin'..."

She was interrupted by Dick who abruptly stopped and raised a hand signaling her to do likewise.

"What's up?", she asked slightly worried.

"Ssssssh!", the boy hushed her.

"What's up?", she asked now whispering and earning a glare.

"I see", a dark voice surprised her, "My apprentice hasn't abandoned his training..."

A man dressed in an orange and black body armor jumped from the rooftops and landed just a few feet away from the duo. He's been watching them the whole time.

"Who are you supposed to be... Santa?", Harley asked confused taking out her bat.

"No...?", the man raised a brow behind his mask.

"Wait a sec! You're this menecary, Deathpool!", she screamed pointing the bat towards him and earning a 'WTF' look from her friend.

Slade shook his head annoyed about that nosy girl. He should probably put her out of her misery.

"What do you want, Slade?", Dick spat.

"Oh Robin", Deathstroke started calmly, "You know exactly what I want... and believe me, I always get what I want"

"Not Robin anymore", the boy commented bitterly.

"Hey, punk, why ain't ya leaving us alone and we won't kick ya butt!", the ex-villain exclaimed getting angry.

Robin turned to Harley wearing a worried expression.

"Harls, when I give you the signal, run!", Dick told her.

"Ain't leaving ya here, Rob", she said taking out her gun from the holster that was strapped on her hip.

"He'll kill you!"

"I can live with that"

"And he'll probably kill me", okay that was a lie but he needed to get her out of here, "You need to get help!"

She looked at him puzzled calculating her options until she decided to listen to him and ran.

Slade who watched the amusing scene chuckled darkly, "You were always the manipulative type. But unfortunately always allying with the wrong people..."

"I did when I joined the League", Dick took out his eskrima sticks, "But not anymore"

"Then I'm afraid I need to bring you back to your old habits", he said pulling out one of his swords.

He circled the young boy like an animal would do to it's bait sword risen until he charged.

_______________________________

Guess what my friends (Jk I don't have any lol)?

I'm back!!! No back for real! Well I guess...

Thank you for all your support and your comments. They really motivated me to keep writing.

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of my second book.

Stay whelmed.
May the force be with you.
Lothcat out 👋