sniper

Natasha pulls away from the gun. Her green eyes widening. 

There was no mistaking it. 

It was her.

Her hair was different and she had matured into a young woman but it was still her. 

Katya Kovalik stood above Clint Barton. 

Natasha looks back through the scope, her lips pulling down when she comes to realize that Katya had disappeared. 

Thousands of questions spring to mind. 

Why was she standing above the sleeping assassin? 

Had they shared a night together or worse? Was she getting ready to kill the man? 

"No." Natasha seethes. 

As soon as Katya had graduated, the remaining black widows were pushed harder and further than ever. They were seen as failures in the shadow of the perfect weapon that was Katya. 

Katya followed instruction without care or concern. She didn't have any emotions left. Their serum had worked perfectly on her. 

Natasha had cared for the girl when she was put in her group. Against orders and at the risk of punishment, Natasha had cared for Katya. And she had gone and spit in her face, leaving them all and making them look weak. 

She wouldn't allow Katya to do that to her again. 

Katya would not ruin her mission. 

Natasha was going to be the one to kill Clint Barton and no one would get in her way.  

.

not edited