Something New

KUROKO COULDN'T HELP BUT smile as he watched Murasakibara munch on different types of junk food. These types of food weren't healthy, but knowing Murasakibara, he wouldn't listen to any food advice that Kuroko might give. So instead of lecturing him about how bad junk food was, Kuroko only chewed on his bread quietly, smiling from time to time whenever Murasakibara made a random comment on the food he just ate.

"Stop staring at me," He finally growled. "I hate being stared at."

Kuroko muttered a soft apology before changing his attention to something else, and that's when his pair of blue eyes made contact with the familiar tanned boy. Kuroko has come to know that his name was Aomine Daiki, which suited him since he was also blue headed. Aomine made his way towards the canteen line, a pink haired girl followed him from behind. They seemed pretty close, in Kuroko's opinion, and he wondered whether they were childhood friends.

He heard Murasakibara sigh, so his attention returned to his friend. Kuroko raised a questioning eyebrow when he realized the purple haired boy was frowning at him. 

"When I asked you to stop staring at me, it doesn't mean you could stare at someone else," Murasakibara pointed out. "Seriously, stop that. It makes people uncomfortable."

Kuroko didn't realise he was staring at people way too much for their liking, so he apologized again, only to make Murasakibara sigh for the second time. "Whatever, do what you want." He commented before getting up, his arms filled with unopened packet food. Kuroko instantly finished up his sandwich before folding the wrapper neatly and throwing it away. Then he, too, got up and followed Murasakibara from behind. The last thing he wanted was to get lost in his new school. That would've been embarrassing, and Kuroko was already embarrassed enough from basketball practice.

Kuroko frowned sadly, thinking maybe it was a mistake to join the club. He was nothing but a useless player on court, and from the look in everyone's eyes, Kuroko knew he didn't deserve to be there. There were much better players out there, and Kuroko never understood how he's gotten the last spot for the team. It clearly was a mistake.

The teal headed didn't notice that Murasakibara has stopped walking, and ended up bumping his face with the tall boy's back. He heard people talking, and when he peeked his head to the side, his eyes widened a little after realizing Murasakibara was talking to Aomine.

"You were pretty good out there," Aomine praised, his eyes shone with excitement as he looked up to Murasakibara. "I'm glad we're on the same team!"

"You're not bad too," The taller boy yawned. "But I'm better."

Aomine grinned before his eyes landed on Kuroko. They widened before he spoke.

"Y-You," He laughed. "Sorry, I didn't see you there."

"It's okay." Kuroko blushed and answered timidly. He was so embarrassed, and he was positive that Aomine was going to throw insults at him, telling him how bad he was and how he didn't deserve to be on the team.

"You were pretty awesome too, Kuroko." 

What?

Kuroko glanced up, clearly confused. "Awesome?"

Aomine nodded his head furiously and stood right in front of the pale boy. Kuroko found himself backing up a little, since he felt a little intimidated by him. Aomine grinned, and the smaller boy felt himself smiling a little. Aomine radiated happiness and that was one of the things he liked about that boy.

"Sure, your shootings weren't that good, but your passing skills were definitely great!" The tanned boy complimented, giving Kuroko a pat on the shoulder. "I'm sure after much practice, you'll become better. So don't look down on yourself, Kuroko. I believe in you."

He... believed in me?

"Stop teasing him, you'll get his hope crushed." Murasakibara said, but Kuroko saw a smile on his face. Aomine only giggled before wrapping an arm around Kuroko's shoulder. 

"Hey, how about we have a one-on-one? It's a good training for you too." Aomine suggested.

"I... I don't know."

"Come on, it'll be fun. You can come too, Atsush -"

"Call me that," The taller boy smiled bitterly and placed his large hand on the tanned boy's head. Aomine let out a nervous chuckle. "And I'll crush you."

"R-Right," Aomine gulped, then laughed. "Murasakibara it is, then."

"That's better."

"Dai-chan!" A female voice was heard and all three boys turned to see a pink haired girl making her way towards them. Aomine let out a heavy sigh before putting on a fake grin.

"Girls are annoying." He whispered to the two, and Kuroko only smiled.

Without realizing it, Kuroko has made another friend, and that feeling alone made his heart warm inside. Maybe his school days wouldn't be as bad as he thought.