Crazy Illusions

KUROKO WOKE UP SWEATING. Confusion filled up his mind as he stared blankly at the white ceiling. Questions circled around his head, but he was unable to answer any of them. That dream he just had felt real, and he could feel his cheeks reddening in embarrassment as he recalled it.

Confessing his love or interest towards Aomine Daiki was not what he had expected. Kuroko was sure he didn't have any weird feelings towards the blue-haired boy. But why was his heart beating so quickly whenever he thought about him? Just the mention of his name got Kuroko nervous as heck.

A sudden knock on the door made Kuroko jump in the hospital-like bed. The visitor didn't wait for Kuroko's response and opened the door without asking. Murasakibara entered the infirmary, with Akashi following behind him.

"Murasakibara-kun. Akashi-kun." Kuroko greeted weakly, trying his best to look normal while he ignored the quickening pace of his beating heart.

"Hello, Kuroko. How are you feeling?" The red-headed asked before positioning himself next to the taller friend. "You look pale. Do you need something to drink? I can get you a glass of water."

Kuroko shifted uncomfortably on his bed so his face was covered. He nodded lightly before muttering a yes. Both Akashi and Murasakibara exchanged looks before the red headed left them alone for a while. The taller boy sat on the given chair and stared blankly at the weak student, then he sighed after his stomach grumbled.

"You don't have to stay here with me," Kuroko offered. "Lunch break is over, isn't it? You must be hungry."

"Of course I am," The purple-haired mumbled. "But I'm also worried about you."

Kuroko was silent. Sure, he felt touched that Murasakibara cared enough to skip his lunch, and knowing him, he would've easily choose food over anyone. Kuroko couldn't help but wonder, why did Murasakibara chose to stay.

"Murasakibara-kun," He whispered, icy eyes gazing into his friend's. "There's something I need to ask you."

"Hmm?"

"Is... Is it wrong to have a dream about someone you barely know?"

Murasakibara frowned, eyebrows furrowed as he thought deeply about Kuroko's question. Then he answered, "It depends."

"Depends on what?"

"I don't know, don't ask me." The tall boy rolled his eyes, and as if on cue, Akashi came back with his hands filled with a glass of water and a container of food. Kuroko smiled when he noticed the way Murasakibara hungrily watched as the red-headed emperor placed both Kuroko's needs onto the side table.

"The food is enough for the both of you," Akashi smiled politely. "I can't help but to overhear your conversation. You must be terribly hungry, Murasakibara."

The purple-haired only ate his food quietly.

"And Kuroko," Akashi turned to Kuroko, who was peeling an apple carefully. The pale boy glanced up, eyes meeting the emperor's. "It's not wrong to dream of someone you don't know. It happens all the time, trust me. It might mean something. Maybe that person is bound to be someone special in your life."

"Someone... special?"

Akashi nodded, and a look flashed in his eyes, but Kuroko couldn't quite catch what it was.

"Yes, Kuroko. It means that person will enter your life unexpectedly, and it will be the best thing ever."

"This isn't like you," Murasakibara commented. "Who are you and what have you done to the real Akashi?"

The captain only chuckled. "I'm still me. I'm only speaking based on experience."

Kuroko nodded his head again in acknowledgement and slowly munched on his peeled fruit. His head was filled with Aomine Daiki, and he silently wondered how a powerful basketball player like him would want to be a part of Kuroko's life.