Chapter nine: A Paradise

"So, we're leaving, aren't we?" Jace asked me, looking at his own hands. I felt pain because of the words.

"Yeah, we're leaving," I said, feeling bad for making that decision.

Jace smiled at me and touched my hand. His warm touch was the right thing I needed. I was already feeling better.

"Hey, don't feel bad," he said while I enjoyed in his voice and touch. He faced me, smiling warmly.

"This is all Jessica's fault," I said, keeping anger inside and not wanting to upset him. "First, she doesn't listen to me. If there's a killer in that hotel, I don't want to stay there and be stabbed. I want to be safe! Then, she was out all night! You can see that she has lost the control, Jace. I can't hold her."

"I know, but you need to give her some freedom."

"I gave her freedom and look what happened!"

"Okay, okay. Calm down, Lin."

"Okay, I'm okay."

Jace looked at me while I was keeping all my anger and fear inside. I didn't want Jace to see my tears. I didn't want him to see how scared and weak I was.

"Hey, summer isn't over. When we get back home, we could go somewhere, all alone. Just you and me. We've got money. What about that, darling?" his voice was so soft and caring that I melted. He was a light in this dark world.

"Okay," I gave him a happy smile, ignoring all my negative thoughts and hiding my fear for good.

He kissed me softly without the warning. My hand twitched a little from excitement and surprise.

We were sitting in the restaurant called Paradise. It was truly a paradise! Jace was sitting next to me and we were waiting for our order to come.

The restaurant was on a big balcony next to the ocean. The smell of salt, flowers and food was driving me crazy. There were all kinds of flowers around us. Good thing I wasn't allergic to any.

It was noon and it was hot outside, despite the refreshing breeze of the ocean hitting my back.

We went sightseeing and shopping. We got tired and went to the restaurant later.

I left Jess alone in a hotel room. She better behaves well because she was still in punishment.

"Here you go," said young waiter bringing the order. I didn't know how he hadn't died wearing black clothes on a hot day like this. He looked like the heat didn't bother him at all.

"Thank you," Jace smiled, pulling out his charm and kindness, and paid for our order, even giving a tip. What a show-off, I grinned at his polite smile.

"It looks amazing," I said, turning my thoughts to the food. I didn't know where to start.

There war one large pizza, margarita with extra ketchup, two banana shakes, two chocolate ice-creams and a big pancake filled with Nutella.

After one hour, we had managed to eat everything. I didn't know how we ate it all, but we did. It was delicious. I guess every fast food is bad and delicious at the same time. And the taste always wins.

Too bad we had to go home tonight.

I didn't mind staying here forever with Jace.