Prologue: Thanatos' Mental State Worries Hades. Oh and Nico Gets a Quest.

AN: Alrighty folks, this is Jojo here properly using Wattpad for the first time (kinda). Don't tell the people following my solangelo story on fanfiction.net because I really should finish that before I start this but oh well. This has been bugging me for a while now so yeah. I'm unfortunately not making any promises as to whether or not I'll finish it, that depends on how much homework I get and motivation I find (not to sound needy or anything, but that kinda relies on some form of positive response from a reader :) but I will try! This is probably the longest chapter I've ever written for anything so yeah, be thankful, I'm trying to make the chapters long (I normally do 1k but this one was almost 3k). I really hope you like this, I found too few solangelo Hogwarts stories and Nico on his own is too sad and angsty, and the ones I did find I found myself nitpicking at so hey presto. I'm writing my own. I'll add a note to the end as well, ENJOY!

PROLOGUE:

Sunlight filtered through small breaches in the opaque curtains making for a blissfully warm awakening for the two occupants of the bed it fell on. Or at least for one of them.

"Mornin' darlin'" Came the sleep ridden voice of a blonde boy with a sunny disposition.

A groan sounded from a lump in the duvet rumpled across the bed, shortly followed by rustling and a male pale olive face appearing with wild hair as black as a moonless night. Keeping his eyelids tightly shut as if to guard himself against the warm but startlingly bright light, he seemed to try to glare at the well-wishing boy lovingly gazing down at him.

"No." Complained the previous lump, causing the sunshine boy to let out a breezy laugh.

"Neeks you've gotta get up at some point, Chiron wanted to talk to you remember?"

"Or we could runaway to Venice. I've heard its lovely this time of year, especially since all the Katoblepones mysteriously vanished."

"Corn plant." The blonde retorted in a singsong tone.

For a moment, wild black hair seemed to freeze as the owner hesitated and seemed to contemplate something. Slowly, he opened his eyes. Turns out, he was glaring. Lesser men would have perished and yet the blonde simply smiled wider (if that's even possible).

"I hate you sometimes Will."

"Love you too Nico." Will grinned cheerily as he leapt off the bed to dramatically throw open the curtains fully and bathe in the golden light. Nico hissed at the invasion upon his eyes before rolling out of bed with an audible thump.

Snorting slightly, Will moved around the bed to mock glare at his boyfriend looking like a puffed up angry black kitten, placing a hand on his hip and waggling a finger as if he were telling off a child.

"Now now Nico, what have I told you about getting out of bed?"

"Place two feet on the floor and get up like a normal human being." Grumbled Nico as he rolled back only to jump up to his feet with surprising grace. Added as an afterthought, Nico continued, "Keep wiggling that finger at me and you'll lose it."

Will seemed to take offence at this, clasping his hands to his chest in fake hurt. Needless to say, Nico only rolled his eyes at his apparent boyfriend's antics. Retaliation came in the form of the ever so mature sticking out of his tongue before turning and marching off to the bathroom.

I can't believe I got so lucky, I'm not alone anymore. I love life. Thought Nico as he gave a small smile filled with ignorance and joy.

*0oOo0*

I can't believe I'm so unlucky, and I have to go alone. I hate life. Nico growled into his mind only an hour later.

Let's recap. After Will exited the bathroom, refreshed and ready for the day, Nico did the same only with considerably more black and metal before rushing to the Big House after only a small delay of a minor make-out minute. Or ten.