✒2

People surrounding our house blocking anyway out. People holding up signs. I was alone. My family was safe. Someone comes up to me with a gun pointed at my head, their finger on the trigger. I hear a bang and...

I wake up to the sound of something being thrown at my window. I shuffle over, sleepily rubbing my eyes. I open the window to see my cousin. I open the window before she throws another one. 

"Knock it off!" I yell.
I turn around and get the rope ladder I had made for when I get locked out and forget my key.
I throw it over the side.
"climb up! "
She does but as she goes to climb inside the window, she trips and falls over. Lucky mom and dad take them to school.

She looks at me. My messy hair, band tee, and slightly hairy legs.
"you need some help. Alright into the bathroom. I came prepared."
She pushes me into the bathroom. "My glasses?!" I exclaim. She shakes her head.
Of course she chooses the painful version of hair removal. Waxing.

As she rips the last strip off between my eyebrows, I sigh, thinking about my nightmare.
I pushed the thought to the back of my head.

When she's finished, she turns me around to see myself.
Damn! I look good.
My favorite green shorts and black tank top. I look at my shoes and almost scream in joy. Camo print converse!
My hair is in two French braids.
She hands me my glasses.
"Ready? "

"Hell yeah!"