The Forest

MARIA'S POV
-------------------------------------------------------
The next morning when I had arisen I got dressed and went straight to breakfast.
"Good morning all."
Everyone said their good mornings and we ate breakfast in silence. A couple minutes later I look up to see Robin sneaking glances at me and then the door. I looked at him with a quizzical brow. Then it hit me... our walk in the forest.
"Uncle?"
"Yes Maria." Uncle Benjamin says.
"May Robin and I be excused to go for a walk in the forest?"
"Couer, what do you think?" My uncle questions.
"It's alright with me." Couer announces.
"Well alright then but make sure your back before dark." Uncle states.
"Yes of course uncle"
Me and Robin got up and slowly walked to the door ,but once we were outside we made a run for the forest.
"Maria I want to show you something." Robin tells me.
I follow him trying my best to keep up with his fast pace.
ROBIN'S POV
-------------------------------------------------------
Once Maria and I were out of the house we made a quick sprint for the forest.
"Maria I want to show you something."
Maria follows me but I can she that she is struggling with my pace so I slow down so that she can catch up. Once she was caught up to me I grabbed her hand and pulled her to the little clearing of wildflowers. I felt tingles running though my body as I held her hand.
We made it to the clearing and the look of wonder in Maria's eyes made me smile.
"Do you like it?"
"Robin it's beautiful." Maria tells me.
She started walking to me and she reached up on her tip toes to reach me and gave me a chaste kiss on my cheek. I'm sure at that point I turned four different shades of red.
"What was that for?"
"For helping me return the pearls, for showing me this beautiful place, and also because I wanted to do it." Maria replies bashfully.
"Well I'm glad you did cuz that means I can do this."
I slowly lower my face to hers and give he a light feathery kiss on her lips. She slowly smiles at me and I smile right back and for the rest of the day we sat and watched the clouds until it was time to go home.
-------------------------------------------------------
IM SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT😅