Why me?

Spoiler warning.
Set after the end
If I spell anything wrong, sorry
Pyrrha Lived

You quietly placed a persons order down at the table and walked off without saying a word. Ever since Beacon's fall, you weren't able to get money from the jobs and missions you often went on, so that meant a bunch of part time jobs. Yippee... Not to mention, Your friends were all gone... they all went separate ways.

You had decided to go to Minstral, because... well... for obvious reasons. Your team mates, dead. Your family, dead. Your hopes and dreams, dead. If only it wasn't for that damn wench Cinder. She completely shattered your life. You hoped she was happy with everything she did, to you, to your team... to everyone.

A soft sigh escaped past your lips. Something happened to you one day that you were never able to understand, a sudden power. Fire. One day you felt stronger, smarter, faster, braver... but then your hands lit on fire and you screeched like a little bitch. When you had fallen asleep that night, you had a dream, explaining everything.

You were the Fall Maiden. You didn't understand why. You couldn't fight like the others. They deserved this power, not you. Maybe Yang Xiao Long, or-or Ruby Rose! But not you...

You were suddenly shaken from your thoughts, hearing the door to the cafe open and Team RWBY themselves walked in. They quickly seated themselves in a booth and began chatting excitedly. You shook your head and sighed, getting your notepad from your apron pocket and walking over, throwing on the perfect smile. A fake one that is. "Hello, are you four ladies here to order?" You innocently tilt your head to the side, your pencil ready to write.

"Ohhh! I don't know what to get!" Ruby squealed, scanning the menu. There was so many sweets and desserts on it that she couldn't pick just one. You chuckled softly and looked at the other three.

"Did you go to Beacon?" Weiss said suddenly, catching you off guard. It caused Ruby to stop her squealing about sweets and look at you. Weiss's eyes suddenly softened. "(Y/n)..."

You gave her a shy wave. "Nice to see you remembered me..." You were about to say something else before Yang pulled you into a tight hug. You gasped in surprise and stood there, frozen as the blonde hugged you tightly.

"Your team... I'm so sorry.. I could've helped... I saw you all needed help... but I didn't do anything.." She said softly. You didn't know what was happening anymore... Your fake smile immediately fell and your vision became cloudy. You were going to hug back but Yang had pulled away. You turned away and wiped your eyes quickly before putting the fake smile back up.

"I-I..uh.. thanks... Yang.." You said softly. "Okay... now What can I get you?" The girls told you their order and you quickly wrote it down before turning around and walking back to the counter. Yes you were panicked, but you had to keep your actions slow so you didn't seem suspicious, although you accidentally ended up swaying your hips when you walked.

"Nice ass..." Someone whispered.
"Yang!... well... you're not wrong.." Someone hissed back.

Okay, now your face was a bright bright red. Were they all Bi? Or Gay? Pan? Like you? You disappeared into the area behind the counter. It was really empty today, because of the recent White Fang rally that happened everyone was worried about something like that happening again, so... little to no customers and no one to help you. Once again. Yippee... You quickly made Weiss's and Blake's tea, Yang's coffee then got Ruby's dessert. You set them on a tray and made your way back to them. You silently set everything down in front of them before going to turn around.

"Oh, uh. (Y/n), my tea is cold.." Weiss said. Normally she would've snapped at someone for getting that wrong.

Your face drained of colour. "I-I'm s-so Sorry.. here, I'll get you another." You picked it up in your hands and walked only a few steps before Blake spoke up.

"Are you sure Weiss? I can see steam rising from it.."

You looked down and saw the tea in your hand was actually boiling. You quickly set it back down because it was starting to hurt your hands. Everyone looked over at the tea you had just set down.

"It certainly wasn't boiling when Weiss took a drink." Yang said, before looking over at you then your hands. "Is that your Semblance?"

"N-no.. I.. uh.. it's.. something else... entirely." You whispered, looking at your hands. You looked up and glanced around, it was empty and there was no one passing by outside. You stared back at the girl's to see them watching you intently. Well Yang wasn't watching your hands or your eyes. Neither was Blake. Weiss was staring at your hands, waiting for you to do something while Ruby was staring up at you, severely concerned. You stepped back and held you hands out with your palms facing up, then with a snap, they were on fire.

Everyone quickly stood up, knocking the tea and their chairs over. You panicked and shook your hands out before covering your face. "You're... the Fall Maiden..." Ruby whispered softly.

"Wait Wait Wait, Ozpin said that the powers are transferred to the last person the Maiden thought of before they died... why would Cinder think of you?" Weiss said, a bit more snappier then expected.

You opened your mouth to come up with an answer but suddenly, your eyes widened. 'Cinder's dead? This was wonderful!!!' Your family, your team, they were finally avenged and you never had to worry about her threat she made before disappearing. You cleared your throat and sighed. "I wish I knew.. I would've slapped her before she got the idea to think of me.."

"We have to take you to Ozpin!" Blake declared. Everyone nodded before quickly helping you clean the mess they made, well, Ruby shoved her entire dessert into her mouth before helping too. You quickly got dressed, grabbing your weapon and scroll before coming back to see the four girls chatting. Ruby looked up and waved at you before you set off to the house where Ozpin and this.. Qrow guy were.

As soon as they opened the door, they immediately went up to a startled tan skin boy, begging Oscar to talk to Ozpin. He merely nodded before his entire posture changed and he carried himself higher. "Now, what seems to be the issue?" He asked.

"You're joking right? That's not Professor Ozpin.." You mumbled. He looked over at you and merely smiled.

"A reincarnation. Pleasant to see you again Ms. (Y/n)." He chuckled at you and your shocked expression. "Now, to answer my question, what's the big issue?" A guy smelling purely of alcohol walked in, drinking from a flask. You took a guess and figured he was Qrow.

"SHE'S THE FALL MAIDEN!"

The Qrow guy spit out the liquid he was drinking everywhere and the reincarnation of Ozpin stood there, slack jawed. Jaune, Nora, Ren and Pyrrha were frozen in place. "WHAT?! Don't get me wrong, she looks nice and all but you're telling me that this girl is not only the Fall Maiden, but had a connection with Cinder that was so damn strong that she was her final thought?! Look lady, I need proof!" He pointed a finger at you. You slowly shuffled behind Blake who immediately took a defensive posture, ready to protect you.

"Uncle Qrow, please calm down. You're scaring her and she's already scared of the powers enough as it is... now she has a target on her back.. a target for Salem..." Ruby looked from the alcoholic to you as you hid behind Blake. She noticed you looked ready to burst, whether out crying or with rage, she didn't know but she knew you were almost ready to do something.

"Look! Do you think I WANTED THIS?!" You roar, your eye lighting on fire, but tears began pooling into your eyes. "Cinder killed my family, she killed my team! For some reason, she let me live but she threatened to kill me later on. I don't know what I did to be in that bitch's final thoughts, but I don't like this! Go ahead! Kill me and take the power for yourself! In fact, maybe it'll be transferred to these four! Or those two over there! Go right ahead!" You opened your arms, ready to take a hit but your entire body was on fire by now.

Qrow was completely quiet now.

You scoffed, the fire dying away and Yang immediately hugged you. "We won't let anyone lay a finger on you.. we promise." You were hugged tightly by all of team RWBY as they promised to protect you with their lives.

You really didn't want this..

Why did destiny hate you?