Chapter 1 - A Sudden Turn Of Event

The weather is normal, and the heat wasn’t too much of a stretch. There’s hardly anyone nearby except for a few pedestrians, moving cars and cyclists. Two girls are seen as being close together, one wearing a normal black blouse with white pants, has a white hair that goes all the way to her shoulder and had a few small ribbons tied onto some strand of hairs, got blue eyes and a youthful look. The person being next to her has a slim figure, jet black hair that reaches her waist and a pair of black eyes. As for clothing, she wore a long skirt with a white shirt, alongside a black hooded jacket that didn’t cover her head.

“Haruna, if you have the chance to relive a new life again in another world, would you take that chance?” A dialogue was uttered, breaking the silence.

“Eh, what did you say again, Kuro-chan? Sorry, I was um..playing around with my phone.” She finished that off while a smile while looking down a bit to her shorter friend.

“I told you before, to listen to everything that I’ve said. You sure as flat as that breast of yours, isn’t it?” Kuro gave a devious smile while saying that.

“Hey, Kuro-chan. That isn’t nice of you, you know? I know that I’m kinda tall and yet my chest is nothing…But I’m sure it will grow soon…I hope.” She gives out a terrible sense of confidence.
Kuro just looks at her while both of them are walking, thinking of a reply.

“I’m quite sure they’re growing all right. I can see it.”
“Eh, seriously?!” Haruna ended up being a bit ecstatic as her eyes are brimming with hopes.
“We wouldn’t know unless I grabbed em myself, isn’t it? Hehe.” She makes a gesture with both of her hands as if she’s grabbing something, all the way carrying a smirk.

“Goodness, Kuro-chan! You’re so lecherous!..though I wouldn’t really mind if you did.” She finished saying that with a descending tone, much to Kuro’s peculiarity.
“Did you say something?”
“Oh, no! Of course not!” She blushed a bit, thinking about what she just said.

Together, they walked down next to a pier, underneath the basking orange sun of the evening. It was mildly warm, more so to be blinding. Kuro rests herself on a railing that’s there to avoid people from falling into the water, while Haruna is standing behind her. She pulled in a deep breath, and ended it with a sigh, before talking about a subject.

“You know, Haruna. Ever since we’ve run off from that demented orphanage of ours, things have been harder than usual, isn’t it? Whatnot with us not really having much to eat, and me having to steal some bread from a shopkeeper in this plastic here.” She showed the thing she holds, and Haruna took a peek in. Instead of berating about good deeds and evil, Haruna looks down at her feet again.

“I know. It’s been hard for us than ever. And it’s honestly could’ve been my fault too. If I had just endured those bullying and wouldn’t have to look upon your shoulder for me to cry onto all the time, we didn’t have to end up this way. Even you had to steal this smartphone for me just so we could keep in touch.” She started to weep, and tears begin flowing down, increasing over time. Kuro just looks at her, before coming closer, put the plastic on the ground and began caressing the girl’s cheek, putting both her hands onto her face, looking directly into her eyes.

“Hey, like I’ve told you numerous times, it’s not ever your fault, and it shall never be. Life just turns out this way and there’s nothing that we could do about it. Rather let’s go on with the flow and do the best that we can with our own capability. Sure, there’s no need for all these wrongdoings, but what’s life without a bit of fun and crossing over the rules, right? I shall continue being your shoulder. This sins of ours, I will hold on to it. I’ll protect you, as always.”

Hearing such thing, Haruna wipes her tears as Kuro starts backing down. She remembered the older days, being alone on a playground during childhood, as she’s minding her own business, looking at pretty flowers, before a bunch of kids showed up and threw balls made out of sands at her. They’d mocked her for being too tall than the average kids, referring to her as a tall ogre. Haruna would often time cries while she stands before Kuro would come and chase them away with a stick. Sometimes, she would even injure someone until they bleed, all for the sakes of protecting a friend. Remembering the little piece of memories that are somewhat bittersweet and yet priceless to her, she couldn’t help but to immediately hug the person that has been there all this time to assist in her shortcoming. It was sudden but not a surprise, as Kuro wore a nonchalant look, and gave a hug as well in return. They stuck together for quite a while until Kuro felt a bit too warm.

“Uh, would you let me go now? It’s hot in here. We should get a room or something. Oh wait, all we got is a reservation under a bridge.”

“Oi, you always like making weird jokes don’t you?” She started letting go of Kuro and step back a bit.

“I’m not kidding, bud. We’re here because there’s a nearby bridge, and that’s the only place we could afford to stay for a while, at least until I could get a job. What do you wanna do? Follow me around from a long distance again like last time?”
“Um, I would really like to be…as helpful as possible as well. I couldn’t push everything to you. You had already done too much for me, after all.”
“Guess you’re right. Somehow it feels like I’m raising one hell of a tall kid instead of touring around with my friend here. Because you don’t really do shit.”
“Hey, that’s so mean! I’m carrying our clothing here, aren’t I?” She showed a big bag to her that she straps on her shoulder.
“It’s heavy, you know!”
“Well, I supposed you’re right there too. But you do know that bag isn’t really that heavy. I don’t wear too many clothes anyway. Almost all of that is yours.”
“I’m not exactly a brawler like you. My body is weak.” She started to sulk a little.
“I did train you a few months ago. But too bad, you’re more suitable as a support type if anything. Perhaps you could cheer me on in combat to build up my strength drive or helped healed my hit points, eh?” She gave a thumbs up gesture while smiling.
“We aren’t in a video game, you know?” And immediately after she said that, Kuro gave a thumbs down gesture instead while looking disappointed.
“I really gotta teach my kid here on how to have fun.”
“Kuro-chan, I’m not your kid! Besides I’m older than you!” She screamed a little, looking kinda helpless.
“Yep, older only by a few months and already started to brag about it. We got a kindergarten kid here, fellas.”
“Stop teasing me!” She started hitting Kuro on the back with both of her hand, albeit gently.

As the two of them are having a “fisticuff”, Kuro noticed something weird is happening to their environment. She couldn’t hear any other sounds at all besides her friend, whom she told to stay put for a bit. Bewildered herself, she asked what happened.
“What’s wrong, Kuro-chan?”
“Didn’t you hear that?”
“Oh, no. I don’t think I heard anything.”
“Exactly. It’s as if time is frozen around us.”
“Uh, is this another one of your usual teasing? Because I find this a little too extreme.” Haruna started to notice the anomaly as well, try testing out something by deliberately removing the luggage she’s carrying and was shocked to see it suspended midair.
“What the hell is going on, Kuro-chan!? Our bag isn’t falling down!”

She started running closer and hid behind Kuro, whom also puzzled as ever as to what’s happening. Before anything else could surmount, however, they noticed a descending figure from the sky, brightly shining in front of them, though it wasn’t blinding. It was a beautiful goddess, with wings, a halo disk and floating in midair. Haruna couldn’t really respond properly to this sudden turn of event, and just stood there, appearing to be too shocked for words, while Kuro was sweating a little but could utter a few words.

“What the heck are you?” Her voice noticeably shaken but still has a certain air of composure.

The entity looks at the girls, letting out a soft voice that exudes somewhat melodic tunes that have a potential in charming people.

“To Kuro and Haruna, I’ve come here to invite the two of you to a brand new world. As a result of the loyalty and bond that was exhibited by you two, not to mention the affinity to survive in a particularly cold-blooded environment, it has been confirmed by God that you two are qualified for a new experience in a different realm. Rest assured, in this place, even the weakest of human could have their own fair share of power and wisdom. Everything is obtainable and nothing is impossible, as long as there are efforts for that fruit to grow. Regardless of what people said about this realm that we’re in right now, normal humans are too weak, isn’t it? And pretty much a lot of things are impossible to do. There’s really nothing to be gain by living here because of the limitation imposed upon every little creature within Earth.”

Kuro was scratching her a bit before saying what’s on her mind, while Haruna has started to move and cowering behind her as always.

“Okay, stop, lady. First of all, you spoke too much and two, how are we supposed to know if this isn’t just a dream? This is literally some stuff that should’ve belonged to a comic book, or a manga, or an anime, even. My first question is this, what the hell is going on?” Being annoyed a bit by the almost nonstop exposition earlier, Kuro no longer seems shaken, and check the person behind her from time to time.

“You’re as wild as they’d say. I’m thoroughly impressed. Not many people could banter with a goddess without a clear sign of being afraid. Such a rarity, indeed. If you don’t want to waste time, as much as I would've wanted to since Heaven is so boring lately, I shall ask you this alone. Do you and your friend, want to or don’t want to go to a new world? The choice is yours to make.”

Upon hearing that, Kuro turned around to face Haruna. She isn’t looking at the levitating being but instead at the ground again, noticeably cowering. Her frustration leads her to become a bit more aggressive.

“Hey, Haruna! You heard what this bitch is saying, don’t you? Come on, this is clearly not a dream! Make up your mind and follow me!” She grabs a hold of Haruna’s shoulder and shook them harshly, meanwhile the goddess doesn’t seem to look pleased.

“Bitch, did you just call me a bitch? You aren’t afraid of a divine punishment, aren’t you?” Her tone of voice had cranked up in volume.

“Nope! Just bring us to this new world already! I’m sick and tired of shitty Earth!”

Currently, she’s holding Haruna in her waist, and the goddess had started to move. She lifts up her arms and a door suddenly appeared out of nowhere in front of them. It was opened afterward with a mysterious force, nothing but a strong ray of light emanating from it. Seeing the thing lies ahead, Kuro grabs hold of the plastic containing food and the clothing bag, while still holding tight to Haruna in the other arm.

“Let’s go!”
“Where to?” Haruna replied meekly.
“To a new world!”

She started running, without a hint of regret or fear carved onto her expression, meanwhile, Haruna was already looking utterly oblivious and covered her face after that. In the wake of an unknown incident, two girls were last spotted walking and talking to each other at a particular location, disappearing suddenly from a pier, never to be seen again.