Chapter 3 - Getting Familiar

The girls were left to fend on their own now, although they didn't really mind much, as both were more distracted by the sensation that they're currently feeling, whatnot with Kuro being astonished by the complexity and intricate details that were available on the stats menu she's looking at and Haruna was more or less felt glad that she's now alone with her companion again.

"Haruna, this is pretty fun, isn't it? Totally felt like we're in a video game!" said Kuro, being enthralled by what she saw, navigating through the menu at the same time and bear an expression of happiness.

Haruna pulled in a deep breath for a few times, looks around her for a bit as a mean of precaution and managed to be calmer than before, though it took a while for that to happen.

"I'm not really sure if I could be as positive as you right now. But I'm glad that Goddess had left us for now, because she makes me feel uneasy. There's just something about her that isn't right, particularly that gaze she gave once she felt aggravated by your mockery and that instantaneous release of dark aura that happened so quickly once she turns to see behind her back." Finally, she speaks, as her speech tone was also no longer erratic, though her mind concealed so many details that she decided to simply let some part of it go for the sake of clearing her thoughts.

"Your words flow way too well as if you're reading a script but that's a nerd for ya. You always tend to be more observant and better with words, and I got infected with some of that too." Kuro sighs a little.

" Well, you're the one that always hangs around me all the time.."
"Oh, so does that mean you don't want me to be around you from now on?"
"No, I didn't say that...exactly. You meanie." Haruna pouts while Kuro just smirks a bit.
"Anyway...! We need to figure out what to do next."
"Already way ahead of you. You took way too long circling about, questioning everything earlier. Me? I always tend to go along with what's what. My best quality, huh?" She proudly boasts her own self, which Haruna took to respond in kind with a fake smile.
"Oh, you're being irritating as usual, Kuro-chan. I love that about you."
"Well, of course, you do! I love how blunt you're becoming these days too! Sadly, when it comes to facing strangers, you're still the same old weak girl like back then."

Upon hearing that, Haruna didn't say anything, and her face has collapsed to looking a bit murky as she's looking at the ground again with her hand holding each other. Kuro noticed that and decides to look at her before continuing the conversation.

"Even so, you don't have to worry about that all. Take your time to be more accustomed to people. I know why it's hard for you. We're in a different place now. If anything should come, especially if it's dangerous, remember that I will always protect you." After hearing that, Haruna looks a bit awe, and she blushed a lot after looking straight into Kuro's eyes that she could see is filled with genuine determination.

"You're too soft on me...Kuro-chan. But as always, I'm grateful that you're always there for me, even until this moment." said Haruna, with such a soft voice.
"No worries! I like to take pride in protecting my sole overgrown child!" Such thought was spoken, and Haruna looks a lot more disturbed, suffering from a drastic change in expression.

"Way to ruin the mood, Kuro-chan. Once again, I'm not your children. At the very least you should think of me as your sister."

"Oh, so you wanted to be my little sister? Haruna, I didn't know you have such a fetish in you."
Kuro closes her mouth with her hand while her eyes are visibly shocked.

"No! That's not what I meant! And don't pretend to look so disgusted, you jerk!" Haruna ran off to reach Kuro.

"Woah! Don't come close, you pervert!" Kuro noticed that she's approaching and also ran as well while laughing during her sprint, as her chaser is crying a little with her right arm in the air.