|

He was the rebel of the school. His presence struck fear in many. It struck ten times the fear in you when the two of you were paired for a huge upcoming project.

That's right. You and Kim Yugyeom. The boy who vapes in the back of class, exploits girls for unspeakable things, has almost every teacher at his knees, and much more. When Ms. J announced the partnership, your stomach dropped almost as fast as your jaw. The whole classroom feel into silence as you slowly walked to the back where he sat. Your hands shook as he blinked tiredly at you.

"How long will it take you?" He groaned. Your breath became shaky and lifted your legs to sprint towards the empty desk next to his. His stare into the side of your head was cold as ice. You considered yourself a braver person but now that you're sitting next to him, your palms became sweaty, your breathing frantic, and you could barely speak. Yugyeom scowled and rolled his eyes. "Stop acting like you're sitting next to a murderer and get too work. That A isn't going to earn itself." he said before taking a hit of his vape. He growled at the small box and shook it.

He searched around the classroom to find two unsuspecting girls a couple rows away from us. "One of you sluts get me a new cartridge." with a shriek the girls bolted out of the classroom. He smirked and leaned back on his seat. "Well? Get started. This A isn't going to earn itself." Yugyeom stated flatly. With those words your pens and notebooks flew out and your breath shook even more.

Knowing there would some type of punishment if you didn't get a good amount of work done, you just wrote every thing you knew about the topic and began to organize something. You hoped to god that wouldn't be that way.

♨︎

"You should stand up for yourself" Kharma spoke through sips of her drink. It was lunchtime now and you were freaking out. "It's not that easy! You don't have any classes with him so you wouldn't know."  Kharma rolled her eyes. "Listen, if some little vape boy is scaring you that much, just get the project done and then you never have to talk to him again." That was easier said than done. This project was going to take the whole marking period.

You sighed and slouched in your seat. "I'll try." You sprung back up "What if he starts messing with me though?!" Kharma scoffed. She explained how he doesn't mess with anyone who doesn't mess with him. That still didn't change your thoughts about the boy. Why you? You weren't popular, rich, or anything that would really stand out to him at least. But you mustered up some hope and decided to just get the project over with.

♨︎

Home. Finally. You basically dropped everything when you got inside. Including your body when you reached the couch. What a long day. School was never your favorite but now with this Yugyeom business, it got fifteen times more complicated. Speaking of the devil, you heard him and his friends walking past your house. They were so loud you could hear them from inside.

"Yeah I'm working with this girl named   (y/n). She's basically wrapped around my finger. She's so scared of what i'll do. It's funny." His words made your blood boil. You were not afraid. You were not a source of entertainment. But if you had to be truly honest. When it came to him, you were all those things to the highest order. Why were you like this? Why couldn't you be like Kharma?

"This is your new house Gyeom?" No. It can't be. "Yeah. Planning to spark with you guys here soon." Kim Yugyeom, who scares the life out of you, is your new neighbor.

You laid on the couch looking up to the ceiling wide eyed. Going through a class period with him around was more than enough for you now he's living next to you.