Eight

They got Roman.

The Navy Seals has Roman.

Damien was setting up the video call when Porter pulled me aside to check on me, "Are you okay?"

"Are you sure they got Roman?" I am on the verge on breaking down but Porter hold onto me, "That is why I am setting up video call. Howard was my commander, we can trust him."

"Porter," I squeezed his hands, "Porter,"

"Yes, darling," He kissed the top of my head, "We are going to double confirm if they really got Roman. Everything is going to be okay,"

I was going to tell him everything is not okay. Because once we find a way to get to Roman, it involves a lot of people. People spread words, words that will be spoken into Grayson Carter's ears. Everything is not going to be okay.

This is just the beginning.

Porter sighed and brought me back into the office. Damien had the Navy Seals online. 'Howard' — which I assume it is not his real name, came online. He greeted Porter, "Lieutenant Hauser, good to see you again. How are you doing?"

Porter let go of me and went into attention, saluted the commander, "Good to see you too, sir! I am in love with Hawaii's air, sir,"

"It is really good to see you getting back on your feet," Howard replied and turned his eyes to me, "You must be Blaire Carson,"

I gave him a tight smile. I haven't hear anyone called me by that name for years. I nodded, "Hello, commander. Thank you for agreeing to this video call in such short notice,"

He waved it off, "When it comes to Porter, there is no such thing as short notice,"

Damien chuckled and said, "Commander, I understand you had a Lieutenant goes by Roman Montgomery,"

"Yes," Howard confirmed, "4 years ago, we were called to rescue a hostage situation at an organised crime black site. Lieutenant Montgomery was rescued as hostage due to injury and was drugged to keep him contained,"

My heart clenched. Roman was drugged to keep him contained. Grayson Carter, that son of the bitch, tortured Roman. Porter turned his attention to me, checking for my reaction.

"Lieutenant Montgomery has suffered from numerous assault and went into coma when we rescued him. He regained his consciousness last year and have been in rehab and therapy ever since."

I placed my both hands on my heart, feeling the pain I felt when I left him there, "Do he remember what happened?"

Howard sighed, "Unfortunately, he remembered every single detail of what happened and he has been asking to get into the records of Amelia Ritz or Blaire Carson. But he hasn't been granted access by his therapist to either one of it because of his situation,"

"What situation?" I asked, feeling sick in my stomach.

"He lost both of his legs," Howard sighed solemnly, "To Grayson Carter,"

<Porter>

After scheduling a meet up with Roman Montgomery, Amelia and I went back to the cove and she hadn't said anything. She was just looking out in the sea and I was waiting for her to break down. Damien said he will get the necessary personnel to come down to Hawaii and get everything done here. Damien has more authority if it is on his territory.

Plus, I didn't want Amelia to get out of Hawaii, risking her life. If everything is done here, I could keep an eye on it and make sure she is safe. The Interpol is definitely going to get involved. Damien only asked a friend of his to gather a team that is not on Amelia's list and get down as soon as possible.