Chapter-6

I was running down a road, an empty barren road. I didn't know who I was running from but all that kept me going was that if I'd stop I'd be in danger. The road wasn't familiar, it was covered in autumn leaves. I kept looking back to check if I was still being followed.
After running a few miles I stopped to take a breath when I heard rustling in the nearby bushes. Carefully I walked to the spot where the bush had moved. Pulling aside I looked at what was causing the disturbance. As soon as I did that I regretted my actions.
"No...", came a whisper out of my mouth.
     No, no. This could not be happening, not to her.
"S-Susan......... NO!!!"
She could not leave me, not again. I tried waking her up but she was still laying like she was dead. Her clothes soaked up in blood. I had to save her. I could not let this happen. I screamed for help, shouting out for anyone to help. She was dying, Susan was dying.
"Help!!!"
"Help.........!!"
"Somebody please, help me!!"
"There's no one to help you buttercup", he whispered in my ear, appearing out of thin air holding me against his body.
"No..............."

"No", I shouted as I sprang up.
What happened, where was Susan.
"Susan, Susan", I cried.
Where did she go, she was injured, she needed help.
"Susan where are you", I screamed when somebody pulled me back against themselves.
"Shhhhh! It's okay, I'm here. I'm with you, you'll be fine."
   I looked back at whoever it was. It was Chance, I breathed knowing I was safe. He kept holding me as I tried to absorb the nightmare. As soon as I was relaxed and able to speak, I asked him the first question that came to my mind.
"What happened, where are we?"
"I don't know. I was knocked out. But when I woke up we were in this room. You were still unconscious so I checked the place. Apparently we are locked in this room and all that I can say is we are somewhere far from home. I checked the bathroom window, it was sealed. I'm sorry any of this happened and that I wasn't able to protect you-"
"No, no. It's okay. We were outnumbered, you did whatever you could. We just need to know where we are. Then maybe we can still  escape."
"I tried everything but we are locked. There's also a camera. It's no use, they can see us."
"It's okay. We can get out. The police must be finding us. Most probably we will be out by tomorrow "
"I really don't know. But what happened to you? You were screaming in your sleep", Chance asked worried.
"Nothing, it was Susan", I sighed.
"I forgot how this was more scary for you then me. Are you alright?"
"Yeah, don't worry. I'll be fine."
      I looked around the place. It was a normal room, about the size of my room with two wooden cabinets and two doors. Guessing, one door lead to the bathroom and another to my freedom which was currently locked and the key was I don't know where.
"Hey, don't worry. Everything is going to be okay. We will get out, believe me?", he said.
        I looked at him scared and amused,"Wow nice way of encouraging and demotivating. You know your questioning your own words."
He looked at me with a funny expression,"Don't worry Matthews, I'll be your umm.. night in shining armour."
I grinned at him, he did know how to cheer up. We both laughed and looked at each other.
"How did we get into this mess?", I asked him.
"Don't know, but you seem to be acquainted with trouble. It finds you eventually", he said.
I sighed. Chance was right, trouble did find me even if I had nothing to do with it.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that", said Chance breaking me from my train of thoughts.
"No. Your right."
Chance was right, this should not be happening. Last time I remember getting into trouble I had to start therapy and reboot everything. But my head hurt, why would i see Susan all battered up and dead. She was somewhere far away and living a normal life, unlike me. But the question loomed over my head, why would they kidnap us? We weren't rich and we hadn't stolen their drugs, in which case we would already have been dead.

    My brain was flooded with questions that I didn't have the answers to. My breathing started getting heavy. Somehow, I was getting a real bad feeling about something bad. I could see flashes, they were of a guy. I knew him, he was my boyfriend. Why couldn't I remember about him, wasn't he someone close to me. Dr. Morneau has warned me about this, that someone tried to hurt me, was it him? Was he the reason why I was always on edge? What happened? I couldn't remember at all, it was gnawing at me, my head felt like it could burst.

Chance who was with me noticed that my face was strange. My breathing became hitched as I gasped for air. My vision was darkening as black spots appeared everywhere. I needed my medicine, I was getting a panic attack. They were the only thing that could help me. Chance pulled me close and hugged me. He stroked my back and my head trying to calm me down. It helped but I needed my medicine. I had to take the daily dose, otherwise my therapy would all lay in vain. Chance kept whispering to me to breathe while rubbing my back. It might've worked as I started to calm down. I had to stop worrying with my meds not over here. My breathing returned to normal and so did my vision. I was too overwhelmed, it all felt like a déjà vu. A feeling that I didn't really wanted to find out about was gnawing at my insides. Something was telling me that I wasn't ready for the storm that was heading my way.

Unkown's point of view:

Ahh! Fresh air after so long. I stretched myself. The men escorting me out gave me my belongings. How much I missed these things. I switched my cellphone on. I scrolled through my contacts for the number that I had to make an urgent call to. I called him and waited for the call to be taken. Just as I assumed, the call was taken within two rings.
"Hello", he said, waiting for my response.
"Do you have her?", i asked him.
"Yes, we have her."
"Good."
"We also have something that you are going to love."
"I cannot wait for your surprise. I knew you will do your work. I'll be there by tomorrow, I've got some work to finish and listen, do not hurt her."
"Yes boss. We are waiting for you."
I cut the call. Looking around i stopped a taxi. Finally I was free, free to meet my love. Oh how she must miss me. That sweet face was unforgettable. At last I would unite with my love. Wait for me my sweet buttercup, I'm coming for you. And this time no one was going to separate us.