2

Amalia walked along the crowded street of the town, silently humming to herself as she headed towards the mall. The slight brush of shoulders on her small frame had her anxiety up for a few moments, until she reached the main entrance.

She stood at the sliding doors and waited.

And waited

And waited.

Half an hour had went by and her anxiety was on fire. She scoffed to herself. She knew he didn't like her. He's just a silly boy playing a prank. She knew she wasn't worthy of him.

She plopped herself down on the windowsill of one of the stores and sighed. She had been played yet again. This time by a guy she'd only met. How pathetic.

But then her heart unexpectedly lit up as she watched him, those same gorgeous brown eyes staring at her own. "Hey... sorry, I'm late" he told her.

He wasn't late. He had in fact woken up early to meet her. It was his own anxiety that kept him back. How pretty and kind she seemed,that was intimidating for him. He was scared to meet her. Plus this was his very first 'date'.

As he walked towards her he continuously walked back, scared of what today would hold.

She smiled at him "it's alright... I thought you'd bailed on me for a second" she joked with him making him feel a lot more comfortable with the light atmosphere.

Walking inside the mall they both kept a small distance, secretly wanting to be a lot closer than they were.

"How you been?" He asked smiling at her. His smile made her heart flutter in ways unimaginable.

"I've been good" she giggled "how have you been?" She asked him smirking at him. "Alright I guess" he smiled.

Walking along the mall she stared into the jewellery shop, genuinely intrigued. "Wanna go in there?" He asked smiling. She nodded as she blushed at how attentive he was to her. Noticing her every interest.

As she stared at all the pretty necklaces and rings, wedding rings and engagement rings. She only hoped that one day she'd find someone who truly loved her and who she could ultimately trust with her heart forever.

He snapped her out of her daze with a quick tap on the shoulder. She hadn't even realised he had been at the counter and had bought something until she seen two string bracelets in his hand, both with little peace sign pendants.

"Here" he said his shyness welling up as he showed her it, she was quick to pull her sleeve up exposing her wrist to him.

The nerves in her body seemed to increase as the pads of his fingertips brushed against her wrist while applying the pretty bracelet. Something so simple yet it felt so intimate as the cold metal of the pendant rested against her skin, his eyes on his task. Once completed he quickly put his own on.

"Aww I love it" she smiled giving him a hug "thank you" she whispered to him, while she took in his scent and the warmth of his body. He also enjoyed the closeness they experienced. Feeling his strong arms keep her in place she couldn't fight how turned on he made her. His masculinity yet the vulnerability of him made her adore him.